VICE NEWS TONIGHT is seeking an experienced Assistant Editor for an OVERNIGHT position at our Brooklyn office. The role will include standard assistant editing duties using Premiere & After Effects. The candidate must have a clear understanding of our show & our style of storytelling. Resume & sample work/links are required.
Our assistant editors are the primary force for organization within our edits. Their
responsibilities run throughout the post process from ingest to delivery.
The ideal candidate will have experience in a network news environment & take pride in thorough & efficient work, as well as tackling new problems as they arise. Candidates should also be aware that this is a fast-paced work environment with a five-day week overnight schedule. Candidates should be passionate about telling news stories of all shape & sizes.
- Sync & organize footage within standardized project structures
- Generate exports for translation/transcription & review / lay in to project
- Assemble basic scenes & interviews
- Subtitle, L3rd, & graphic generation (i.e. headline pileups), image correction (i.e. blurs)
- Ingest media to our server via camera cards, Aspera, WeTransfer, MediaShuttle
- 2-5 years of assistant editing experience ideally in a network news environment
- Fluent in Adobe Premiere Pro & Adobe Creative Suite
- Understands the post finishing workflow for delivery of on-air & social assets
- Strong working knowledge of digital codecs & their appropriate applications
- Experience with metadata tagging on ingest to a media asset management system (Xchange)
- Ability to work in fast paced, ever-changing environment
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create & maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion & diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion & diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers & viewers, & our company culture. We treat all applicants & employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity & expression, marital status & partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking & sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements & essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list & instead are meant to describe the general nature & level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes & is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.