Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, & the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, & convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, & media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, & world-class streaming digital fitness & wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, & Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast & Android TV. Founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada & Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.
The Field Quality Technician assists the Field Quality Engineering team to investigate & communicate issues & corrective actions to the broader Peloton teams. The right candidate for this role possesses the technical ability, problem solving & communication skills to troubleshoot, diagnose, & document failure analyses in accordance with the Field Failure Analysis process. They will also be responsible for updating & maintaining technical work instructions to support training with our customer support & field operations teams. As an individual the ideal candidate is independent, highly motivated, organized, flexible & enjoys working in a collaborative team environment to improve product quality.
This job is based in the US & requires some domestic & possible international travel. This role reports to the Field Quality Engineering Manager.
- Investigate & document reported issues or failures at our warehouse, customer locations or quality lab to provide specific details to Field Quality Engineers to aid in root cause analyses & implementation of corrective actions.
- Work with internal teams as a product expert to improve troubleshooting, increase customer satisfaction, & refine issue reporting to improve issue resolution time.
- Facilitate the training of field operation teams by authoring technical work instructions in coordination with Field Quality Engineers.
- Participate in the creation of rework procedures. Help coordinate resources & equipment & execute rework.
- Advise/recommend rework procedure, method, required resources
- Develop & gain approval of rework plans
- Coordinate execution of rework plans
- Coordinate actions/repairs in warehouse locations & at supplier
- Communicate result of implementation
- Verify results of implementation
- Support reverse logistics partners as product liaison. Participate in cross functional sustaining design efforts.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- AS in mechanical engineering, manufacturing engineering, electrical engineering, or other technical discipline.
- 2-3 years of experience.
- Strong written & verbal communications skills
- Proven track record for understanding & execution of technical projects
- Lean/Six Sigma training, Green Belt a plus