Are you a roll-up-your sleeves kind of person who is energized working with a diverse, global team of liked-minded individuals? Is your attention to detail & ability to "get things done" your strong suit? If so - we'd love to hear from you!
We are looking for a GL Accountant to be based in beautiful new office in New York NY (Financial District) & work with financial reporting relating to our North American subsidiaries. You will report to the North AmericanFinancial Controller & work closely with colleagues in our finance departments in the US & across the world.
Who we are:
Booking.com is the planet's #1 accommodation site. Booking.com's diverse team, over 17,000 strong, is united by a single mission: To Empower People to Experience the World! Whether in NYC, or at one of our over 200 offices worldwide, we work hard to help make more than a million travel dreams come true every single day.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Participate in projects relating to improvement of our financial procedures & systems;
- Automate, improve & to make major impacts on current operations;
- Close involvement in month end process including preparation of journal entries, Overhead accruals, Prepayment, Fixed Assets, payroll & inter-company transactions, reconciliation of general ledger accounts & detailed supporting analysis & relevant documentation;
- Preparation of monthly closing work papers;
- Involvement in the bi-weekly payroll procedures & work closely with HR to ensure the employees are paid on time & compliant to local regulations;
- Ensure proper tax filings in cooperation with the rest of the finance & HR teams;
- Exposure & access to management;
- Assist Financial Controller to ensure accurate, timely monthly close;
- Preparation & review of monthly account reconciliations to ensure accuracy & understanding what transactions occurred each period;
- Compile, adjust & evaluate various accruals to ensure their accuracy;
- Preparation & review of monthly financial closing journal entries;
- Perform ad hoc financial analysis;
- Co-ensure all procedures & controls within the Finance department are, & remain, SOX compliant & meet Internal Audit requirements;
- Assist with multi-company & foreign currency translation matters;
- Back up to review accounts payable distribution reports for accurate accounting treatment & recording of expenses in proper periods;
- Maintain general ledger for assigned entities;
- Involvement in managing compliance of federal, state & city taxes
- Proactive communication of potential issues to the Financial Controller;
What you'll need:
- Excellent organizational & work management skills with the ability to manage & track multiple projects/tasks simultaneously;
- Willingness to be hands-on in any area necessary to get the job done in an efficient & effective manner;
- Experience & comfort level working in an environment requiring quick turn around & in-depth financial analysis;
- Experience with SAP ERP (FI/CO) strongly preferred;
- Accurate & analytical;
- Able to work under stress & with deadlines;
- Able to prioritize;
- Independent & flexible.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting;
- 3-5 years of accounting/finance experience in a corporate setting for a large, global corporation, experience with a publicly traded company preferred.
What you'll get in return:
- Comprehensive health & welfare benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA/HSA
- Physical Wellness Program & Fitness Reimbursement Program
- Short & Long Term Disability & Life Insurance
- New Parent Leave
- Transportation Allowance