At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), were unlocking the power of educator-created content. More than 2 out of 3 of U.S. teachers come to TpT every year to get teacher-tested, engaging, & rigorous materials. What began as a humble exchange for teachers looking to share lesson plans has since exploded into an education powerhouse where teachers have created more than 3 million resources for all aspects of PreK-12 education. More than five million educators worldwide (including teachers, administrators, & parents) have downloaded TpT resources more than a billion times. If you havent heard of TpT yet & want to learn more, just talk to a teacher about us. Or try this recent article in Forbes.
Who we are looking for
Were a team of good people doing great things. We listen first. We love our work. And we are all teachers & learners in whatever we do. We believe that productivity is never an accident. Its the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, passionate team work, & focused effort. We want every day to be fun & to matter.
The Web Platform Team is responsible for determining & supporting how product teams build the TpT front-ends. Engineers on Web Platform work across our front-end & Node.js stack, supporting core UI components, SSR techniques, CDN infrastructure, & general development workflows & tooling.
As a team Web Platform is responsible for building the infrastructure that supports all front-end product development at TPT. The team also focuses heavily on the health of the TPT websites, from web performance & scalability, to security & anti-fraud protection. We work to make it as easy & effective as possible for our product engineers to build & improve the TPT marketplace.
As Technical Lead for Web Platform your responsibilities will include:
- Writing code, but scaling up your impact through team leadership & technical project management
- Mentoring other engineers on the team to improve their skills
- Overseeing technical decisions for the team
- Managing technical debt & code quality
- Monitoring & maintaining the teams products in production
- Collaborating with product management & design to scope & refine projects
- Working with the team to improve processes & keep things running smoothly
Qualities for a successful candidate:
- Enjoys mentoring teammates & working collaboratively with peer engineering teams
- Experience with tuning front-end performance & delivery
- Experience with unit, integration & end-to-end testing
- Have well-formed opinions on quality, maintainability, & scalability of technical systems
- Interest in supporting engineers to enable working in a fast paced tech & product oriented company
- Experience with a modern front-end framework
- Be endlessly curious
- Taking an iterative approach to improvement favoring data over hunches (and yet hunches over unambitious options)
Extra Points For:
- React & Node.js experience strongly preferred
- Experience with service oriented architectures
- OSS Contributor
- Knowledge of Marketplaces, or Ed-Tech
- Ability to mentor & guide colleagues
- Computer Science degree is a plus