Vimeos platform provides the highest quality video tools for filmmakers, businesses, & video lovers around the globe. We take our insights seriously & encourage a culture of decisions supported by data for both product & business development. As members of the Business Intelligence team, we turn data into helpful, impactful insights for the entire organization, & we are looking for an experienced senior data scientist to support our Business Intelligence & Data Analytics teams working with our Engineering teams to drive cost optimization & behavioral insights. This person should have a strong background in statistics & time series modeling & be an effective communicator with a wide variety of partners. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with a bias for action & results, ideally with experience in a fast-paced environment driven by data.
What you'll do:
- This role reports to our VP of Data Analytics & works closely with our Engineering, Finance, & Product teams to reduce costs related to our technology infrastructure [hosting, storage, delivery, data architecture] by developing comprehensive cost models & scenario analyses incorporating shifts in data traffic
- Work with our machine learning researchers to identify user behaviors & personas to better understand drivers of hosting costs
- Create & maintain, in collaboration with our data engineers & data analysts, high-quality aggregated data sets from unstructured raw data to efficiently address product & business questions
- Ability to work independently & source & own new projects without explicit guidance
- Convert technical findings into business insights & provide recommendations
Skills & knowledge you should possess:
- Masters or PhD with 3+ years in a Data Science role or Bachelors degree in a STEM field with 5+ years in a Data Science / Data Analytics role
- Experience with:
- SQL & Python is a must, with the usual data science-centric libraries
- Working with large data sets (petabyte scale) & Engineering teams is preferred
- SaaS (specifically subscription) metrics & cohort modeling
- Hypothesis testing, A/B testing, Bayesian inference, time series modeling, linear & non-linear regression, clustering & classification, as well as statistical & machine learning methods
- Expertise with video delivery stacks a plus
- Strong analytical & communication skills, data sensibility, & an inclination to educate
- Proven ability to simultaneously manage numerous projects & produce tangible results
Vimeo is the worlds leading professional video platform & community. We empower over 175 million users from creatives to entrepreneurs to the worlds largest brands to grow their business with video. Our products make it easy to create high-quality, impactful videos & to reach teams, audiences & customers anywhere.
Vimeo is powered by a growing team of over 600 passionate, dedicated humans. Were headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. We believe our impact is greatest when our workforce represents the diverse & global community that we serve, & were proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity & inclusion is prioritized in how we build our products, leaders & culture. Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs.