Squarespace is looking for someone to help bring our core Website Product to the next level. Your team will lead the rendering & extensibility technology that Squarespace bases its business on. Rendering & Extensibility requires a candidate well versed in SDLC, delivery & has the technical background to evolve a complex & important system. Your team will work with Staff Engineers, technical leaders & Architects to achieve a new era of extensibility & performance.
You will report to the Senior Engineer Manager for Website Platform & this opportunity is Homespace eligible.
We have introduced our Flexible Work Philosophy for Squarespace employees, which you can find on our career page. For those who will work out of our offices 1-5 days a week, we have also introduced a detailed return to office approach to guarantee a safe return for our Squarespace employees. The safety of our people is our top priority & we will continue to monitor the status of COVID-19.
You'll Get To...
- Deliver reliable & performant software
- Excite & motivate team members
- Manage incoming requirements against technical debt & internal projects
- Take an active role in career development of direct reports through regular 1:1s, direct feedback, coaching etc.
- Help scale a successful team.
- Help define management culture at Squarespace
Who We're Looking For
- 1+ years of experience managing Software Engineers
- 3+ years of experience working as a high level IC. (e.g Senior 2, Staff +)
- Experience with web platform, CMS & website development
- Experience developing software that has uptime requirements
- Experience with monoliths, service oriented architectures, cloud & datacenter hosted applications.
- Expertise with engineering practices like automated testing, documentation, architectural diagramming, & code reviews.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Los Angeles & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.