Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, & team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, & New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, & it starts right here at Gusto. Thats why were committed to building a collaborative & inclusive workplace, both physically & virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
We believe in providing people with everything they need to do their best work, & are looking for an exciting leadership opportunity to empower & inspire Gusto Onboarding.
The role of Onboarding Lead will evolve Gustos approach to onboarding. As the leader of the L&D Onboarding team, you will heavily impact Gustos onboarding vision & strategy for Onboarding as well as the daily execution & facilitation of programming from the moment a Gustie signs their offer to their experience in their first 90 days. You will work with multiple teams across Gusto as the Onboarding to orchestrate an impactful, engaging & well-organized training program for new hires.
The People team at Gusto focuses on developing a positive employee experience that empowers people to do the best work of their lives. We aspire to craft an environment that inspires & enables Gusto to go beyond what is thought possible. We think holistically & are encouraged by a supportive leadership team. Youll be a true leader in the organization with a high level of responsibility.
The position is full-time & based in Denver or SF.
What it is like to Work with Gusto
Heres what youll do day-to-day:
- Set the vision & strategy for the future of Onboarding at Gusto (first day, first week, first month & first quarter).
- Empower a team to execute on Gusto wide Onboarding [Management Role].
- Be the primary facilitator of live/virtual onboarding programming.
- Be the primary partner for cross-functional onboarding team management [Invite, Environment, CORD, IT].
- Lead cross functional Onboarding team by facilitating weekly strategy meetings & keeping the pulse on contractor hiring, IT partnership & I-9 opportunities.
- Leverage Onboarding survey data & executive requests to develop new content to improve existing onboarding programs.
- Develop & launch an Executive onboarding program.
- Improve the onboarding communications process by leveraging the ONB workday platform.
- Craft comprehensive communication content with information for new hires with information related to the organization & position.
Heres what we're looking for:
- 5 years of experience in corporate onboarding or internal customer support work
- 2+ years of direct management experience
- Experience & passion for speaking in front audiences and/or facilitating training sessions
- Experience designing & building onboarding or other large scale learning programs
- Experience managing program logistics (tracking participation, materials, scheduling, etc.
- Familiarity with employment paperwork, including terms of agreement, fixed-term contracts & confidentiality act
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Are extremely organized & have a keen eye for detail
- Have a warm presence that puts people at ease
- Can operate autonomously with little supervision
- Know how to introduce fun & creativity into any activity
- Are scrappy & not afraid to roll your sleeves up to get the job done
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $78,000 - $125,000 in Denver & most remote locations, & $94,000 - $150,000 for San Francisco & New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience & expertise & may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life & so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values & our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state & local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities & disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.