Whats up? Were VaynerMedia APAC! A full-service agency built for the now. Day in & day out, we propel some of the biggest brands in the world to the intersection of attention & culture. Headquartered in New York, were also across the globe & now, were proudly in Asia, servicing a diverse clientele all around the APAC region.
We believe everyone's got brilliant ideas. But what sets us apart from the rest? It's making a beeline for out-of-the-box, killer concepts with the ability to make stuff happen. We've got makers & creators - from illustrators to poets to musicians to 3D artists to data analysts - who bring brands to life, creating & hijacking at the speed of culture. Youll help us put our heart & soul into our client's products. Solving business problems in unorthodox ways. Touching audiences with emotions. Mixing art & passion with logic & numbers. All to make magic happen.
Were looking for a Singapore-based Head of Media to lead this work, by providing insights-driven media & measurement strategies, strengthening client & partner agency relationships, collaborating with cross-departmental teams, while growing & mentoring the founding team at Vayner APAC!
Heres where you come in.
In a Nutshell
The Head of Media is chiefly responsible for managing & growing a division inside our Paid Media Department made up of Analysts, Senior Analysts, Managers, & Associate Directors, & Directors. You will be tasked with becoming a trusted, respected leader within the organization & relied upon for high-level operations management, innovation, client/partner relationships, & general media executional excellence. Youll also be responsible for growing our Media practice; winning new clients, growing existing ones, & recruiting, developing, & retaining the best & brightest media talent in the region.
A proven track record of large scale media buying proficiency across several biddable platforms is a must, with particular depth in all or a majority of the following: Facebook/Instagram, Google (Search, YouTube, DV360), Programmatic Display/OLV, Publisher Direct. Experience in offline media (TV, Print, Radio, OOH) is also required; with experience in planning & managing both campaigns & always-on initiatives for major regional & global brands. Fluency with analytics, attribution & measurement systems is needed; & expertise is a major plus (including but not limited to GA360, Adobe, MOAT/IAS/DoubleVerify, Nielsen/Millward Brown/Oracle, Neustar/Visual IQ/Convertro, etc.).
You will report to the Regional Head & will work on a cohesive team consisting of buying, planning & analytics professionals working across several APAC-based clients.
Your EXPERTISE (The skills & knowledge needed to excel in this role)
- Business development extraordinaire, with a keen eye for growing our media business through sustainable, mutually beneficial, & fun partnerships
- Ensures media plans are of the highest standard, assist in presentation material creation, & provide strategic guidance on reporting calls with clients
- Oversees a team of media practitioners, providing leadership, mentorship, vision, & technical expertise, working in conjunction with HR & other teams to foster team career growth & a positive work environment
- Embodies a true leadership mentality & willing to devote days to making your team successful, working for them, not above them
- Contributes to the continued growth & stability of VaynerMedia, being empowered to make decisions that are best for the company over the long-run
- Oversees execution by setting up process & clear lines of communication
- Updates performance benchmarks & share digital platform updates, both internally & externally with client partners
- Manages negotiations for high value and/or complex packages
- Approves all recommendations & presentations before sending to the client
- Delegates work effectively & not only teach direct reports but also deliver seamless client work
- Fosters an environment that encourages intelligent risk-taking, innovation, & creativity.
- Leads interviewing, hiring, training, coaching, developing & evaluating team members
- Leads by example in terms of attention to detail, general work ethic, empathy, & internal/external professionalism
- Acts as a key contact for client & platform partners, operating as a go-to voice & leader for them
- Develops & deliver senior-level, sophisticated media investment strategies to clients, derived from industry insights & best-in-class expertise & thought leadership
- Collaborates across disciplines, specifically planning & analytics, to craft best-in-class, holistic omnichannel media strategies rooted in driving tangible business outcomes for large brands
- Provides actualized spends for client invoicing across clients & stakeholder spend trackers
- Operates as a player/coach, able to jump in & get into the weeds as needed to keep campaign work moving in the right direction
- Takes responsibility for & rectify (as needed) any mistakes or errors made by team members & implement standards/practices/methods to ensure errors do not repeat themselves
- Works to proactively bring new/emerging opportunities to clients, pushing the envelope of media excellence
- Continuously strives for improvement across all team processes to streamline workflow & benefit the larger team
- Provides clear delegation of responsibilities across your organization & making expectations for success clear & concise
- Leads client communication around scope agreements, finance & billing, working closely with FinOps to keep a handle on monthly billing & incoming revenue
- Proactively identify the needs of our clients businesses to sell-through incremental campaign opportunities to clients (cross-disciplines at times where needed), to help deliver best in class work that helps to grow their business
- An illustrious career in media agencies, or media-centric roles
- A killer track record with new business; including winning enterprise brands
- You have experience working in the advertising media landscape in the APAC region, & expertise planning & buying both digital & ATL media
- You have a minimum of 10+ years of industry experience with a proven track record of executing sophisticated, large scale digital media programs that drove tangible business outcomes.
- You have a good network of media & marketing professionals in the APAC region, including major publishers, brands.
- You have advanced written, presentation & general communication skills.
- Youve experienced dealing with media buying teams, specifically media & communications planning, analytics, traditional media buying, & others.
- You have proven output rooted in highly strategic thinking that leveraged unique insights to drive disproportionate success.
- You have examples of leaning into new/emerging platform opportunities to drive media innovation.
- Youve experienced leading & managing teams of at least 6-8 individuals (cross-disciplinary a plus)
- You have an infectious smile, an upbeat demeanor, & warm personality that contributes to an already strong company culture
- You are comfortable with a fast-paced environment; & working as an integrated team (across creative, media, & strategy)
- Professional English skills required, & bilingual is a huge plus!