About Harry's Canada
We built Harrys with one simple belief: everyone deserves a great shave at a fair price. Co-founded by one of the entrepreneurs behind Warby Parker, Harrys seeks to provide our own brand of exceptional shaving products direct to our customers. We launched in the US in March 2013, the UK in 2016 & Canada retail in early 2020. So far the customer response has been amazing.
At Harry's, our vision is to become a global, multi-channel men's grooming brand & female hair removal brand with our brand Flamingo. The UK was the first standalone market outside the US & now we have set up the Canadian team to take on the market & deliver disruption to the Canadian category. Consider it a start-up, within an amazingly successful start-up!
Weve brought together a focused team of talented people to successfully grow Harrys & Flamingo in Canada, achieve our commercial goals, build strong relationships with our customers & make Harrys Canada a truly amazing place to work. Since launch weve been delighted with the results, sentiment & feedback we have seen & are on-track to deliver our commercial, brand & employee goals.
Its an exciting time to join an exciting business.
About Retail within Harrys
The multi-channel approach at Harrys came about following Customer Insight. We learned that there were a group of customers in the US who preferred to buy products in-store, & Harrys was missing out by not being in a major retailer. We worked hard to find the most aligned launch partner, & to then disrupt the in-store shaving category.
Mass retail launched at Target in 2016 in the US, Boots in 2019 in the UK & Walmart in 2020 in Canada. The move to retail has been a massive success & Harrys & Flamingo have captured massive shares in all markets, establishing the brands as the key challenger to Gillette.
Harrys has also moved into new categories with great success & is now present in the Aftershave Balms, Shave Gels & Creams & the Shower Gels category with plans to launch into new categories in 2019.
Seeing this success in the US & UK has made the Canadian team believe it is a case of when not if it becomes the key competitor to the biggest brands in the category. We are excited about the journey we are on & we can't wait for more consumers to experience our products.
About the Team
The Retail team is a newly created function in the Canadian organization. We are charged with driving Harry's brand strategy & growth with our mass & specialty Canadian retail partners. With a focus on building the best retailer relationships around, the team are responsible for all customer development activities. To bring these activities to life the retail team builds & nurtures cross functional relationships with our experts in Merchandising, Marketing, Operations & Insights. The team may be smaller than that of our competitors, but our relationships will be enduring & far richer.
As Harrys continues to develop as a Mens Grooming brand, the Retail team will be the primary driver of thoughtful expansion during the next stage of the Harry's journey.
About The Role
In this exciting role you will drive & deliver shopper marketing programs across the Canadian market. This role is deeply cross-functional & you will gain exposure to the Harrys brand & retail teams, whilst building direct & high functioning relationships with the marketing teams of our retail partners. Youll make recommendations on how to deliver bespoke partnership marketing plans based on your knowledge of the brands short & long term goals. Youll input into strategic brand planning processes & ensure the way the brand is represented in-store reflects our ATL brand positioning & efforts. You will also be responsible for the smooth delivery of all ISM (in-store marketing) programs & execution. Youll take a consumer centric approach to your work ensuring everything we do is grounding in customer truth - giving us the competitive edge in our in-store presentation & shopper marketing programs.
Its a unique opportunity to join a passionate & mission-driven team & gain exposure to a scaling business.
What You Will Accomplish
- Build bespoke & exciting partnership marketing programs for our key retail partners across Canada. Combine an understanding of the Harrys brand goals with a deep knowledge of shopper marketing levers (e.g Social, Retailer.com, Email, In-store collateral etc) to create industry leading plans.
- Develop high functioning relationships across internal & external stakeholders. Own weekly updates to the Brand & Retail team. Set up & drive regular meetings with Retailer marketing teams (with the retail teams guidance).
- Provide solid recommendations to the retail team on how to spend the trade marketing budget, based on both short & long term business & brand goals. Deliver activities with operational excellence & measurement frameworks in place.
- Work in lockstep with the brand team, proactively inputting into brand planning processes & generating all retailer facing shopper marketing materials.
- Work collaboratively with the insights lead to ensure all ISM, Partnership marketing & new product launches are grounded in consumer truths. E.g brief insights team to test copy on ISM & build results into development timelines.
- Work tightly with Intl ISM PM to ensure smooth delivery of ISM to stores.
- Track closely with the NPI (New Product Innovation) process & input where necessary to ensure all NPI generated for Canada is optimised for the market. This includes writing packaging & copy briefs, working with legal & regulatory on claims & checking translation work
This Should Describe You
- A model for positive, collaborative behavior. Understands that in a growing business, we dont always have all of the information we need. Able to step outside of their world to get the job done, & build processes to create a more seamless way of working in the future.
- Strong brand sensibilities. Able to communicate if/where brand execution is being compromised in a precise & calm manner.
- Humble. Can own their own mistakes whilst continuing to motivate & drive a x-functional group to drive projects to completion.
- Constantly curious & thoughtful about the evolving retail space
- Has a keen eye on where we are being outmaneuvered by our competition & how we can continually improve.
- Able to do more with less - create plans that deliver value in unexpected ways.
- Creative - can develop out of the box thinking for our shopper marketing efforts. Able to brief, inspire & recognize great creative work. Understands the essence of brand/equity management & knows the look of success at retail for Harrys.
- And - You have a sense of humor.
Here's Who You'll Work With
- Report into Michael Cato(Director of Sales - Canada).
- Dotted reporting line into Natalie Sheard (Sn Manager Shopper - UK,EU,CA) who leads the Intl Shopper function for strategic support & functional expertise.
- Work closely with a range of stakeholders based in the CA, NA & Intl hubs: Brand, Insights, CA Retail, Sourcing, & R&D & X-Functional teams.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.