The Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team is looking for a experienced & passionate software engineer & systems engineer who has a background in systems, programming & networking to help in ensuring that customers around the world can access Squarespace sites, that they load quickly, & that all of the features work. We work together with the product teams to maintain the reliability of our features with the infrastructure teams to grow our current data centers & build new ones, & the security teams to keep a close eye on the latest vulnerabilities & protect our product, infrastructure & networks. You will report to the Engineering Manager.
This role is within our Scheduling team. Acuity Scheduling is an online scheduling technology that was acquired by Squarespace in 2019. Acuity supports more than 90,000 businesses by helping to schedule millions of appointments & manage those scheduling logistics on a global scale. Our main hobby is helping businesses of every size organize their schedules so they have more time in their day for their business or their garden.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices & provides flexibility for our employees.
- Manage AWS services such as EC2, ECS, S3, & RDS
- Write infrastructure-as-code using Terraform that automates the provisioning, deployment, & scaling of Acuity's infrastructure
- Write configuration management using Chef to automate server-related tasks
- Monitor infrastructure using Datadog & New Relic to provide maximum observability
- Share on-call rotation & be an escalation point to the business & engineering
- Collaborate with other SREs & Software Developers
- Programming experience in Bash, PHP, Python, or Ruby
- Experience managing distributed systems in *nix environments
- An understanding of, & experience with, web application development
- Understand database design, caching, scalability, & network fundamentals
- Real-world experience with Docker & AWS
Acuity Scheduling is an online scheduling technology that was acquired by Squarespace in 2019. Acuity supports more than 90,000 businesses by helping to schedule millions of appointments & manage those scheduling logistics on a global scale. Our main hobby is helping businesses of every size organize their schedules so they have more time in their day for their business or their garden.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Los Angeles & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.