Founded in 2010, CLEARs mission is to create frictionless experiences. With more than 10+ million members & hundreds of partners across the world, CLEARs identity platform is transforming the way people live, work, & travel. Whether its at the airport, stadium, or right on your phone, CLEAR connects you to the things that make you, you - making everyday experiences easier, more secure, & more seamless. Since day one, CLEAR has been committed to privacy done right. Members are always in control of their own information, & we never sell member data.
CLEAR is looking for a Sr. Software Engineer to join the Developer Experience team. In this role, youll be responsible for building cutting-edge applications. Were looking for someone who is passionate about technology, stays on top of the latest trends within the field, & loves to engage with the developer community. Youll do the best work of your career.
Your team will be building consumer focused front end & back end applications that enable more partners & developers to use Clears APIs & capabilities. You will be interfacing with our cloud native services hosted in AWS using modern distributed application design patterns.
What You Will Do:
- Develop new, & enhance existing, Python-based server-side applications.
- As a Sr. Engineer on the team, you will be the technical leader developing & maintaining the back end application & architecture.
- Uncover requirements working closely with product managers; suggest technical designs necessary to implement features & get teams buy in
- Define & establish best practices for testing & designing reusable code
- Be influential in making architectural, design, & technical stack recommendations within the team
- Balance feature development with tech debt & ensure the code is well tested, readable, maintainable & free of regression defects
- Drive the operational excellence of the services owned by your team, including continuously improving the performance & security of the application
Who You Are:
- 8+ years of core Back-End experience. Some python experience is a requirement.
- Strong in object oriented modeling concepts, have developed multiple maintainable applications using appropriate design principles
- Proficient in a broad range of software design approaches & common design patterns. Knows when (and when not) to use back-end software design patterns
- Experience with Agile methodologies is required
- Excellent judgment & creative problem solving skills, including strong communication skills.
- Entrepreneurial team player who can multitask.
- Can articulate the risks & benefits of depending on libraries, frameworks, & toolsets.
- Able to provide technical guidance to other less experienced members of the team
- Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
- Curious about technology & believe in constant learning