View All Jobs
Moving is one of the most universally relatable problems. Everyones done itand everyone knows how frustrating & painful it can be. Updater is helping people take control of their moves so they can feel at home faster. Were a well-funded, growth-focused company with technology that touches nearly 50% of all household moves in the US every year. And were growing quickly.
As the product marketer overseeing Updaters consumer app end-to-end, youll be on the front lines leading stakeholders across the organization to successfully position & launch Updaters foundational offering, build cross-functional alignment across high-priority initiatives as the organization grows, & launch key campaigns & initiatives that drive sustained mover value, positive sentiment & business success.
About the Role
- Build strong product positioning, winning narratives, & integrated marketing strategy across Updaters consumer app offering to ensure were delivering customer value & clear understanding
- Drive go-to-market plans, working closely with product, design, brand & business leaders & teams across the company to determine effective launch strategy & communications sequencing
- Collaborate with Research & Data Science to generate break-through quantitative, qualitative, & competitive insights
- Partner with Product Management & Engineering to define the strategy & roadmap for ongoing product innovation
- Tackle complex challenges with a strategic mindset & create thoughtful action plans with Product & cross-functional leadership
- Empathy: You strive to see the world from your audiences points of view in order to anticipate their needs and you embrace the diversity of their experiences & needs
- Strong Communication: Youre as comfortable talking with our CMO as you are with our Director of API Engineering, & you can clearly articulate your ideas & plans in structured, clear, & compelling writing
- Go-to-Market: Youve launched & scaled consumer apps, products or services for well-known consumer technology brands.
- Outbound Marketing: Youve developed & driven analytically rigorous online & offline marketing campaigns that grow business through engagement & acquisition
- Inbound: Youre well-versed in working with insights & analytics teams to define audiences & uncover key insights that unlock product innovation & marketing impact
- Strategy: Youre a master at synthesizing insights from research, product data, & marketing test results to build considered integrated strategy
- Cross-Functional Leadership: You excel at building process & driving alignment across multiple stakeholders (Product, Data, Research, Design, Brand, Communications, Partnerships, & Business just to name a few)
- 5-7 years experience as a high-performing marketer inside fast-paced, scaling consumer companies
- Managerial experience preferred
Updater makes moving easier for the 17 million households that relocate every year in the US. With Updater, users seamlessly forward mail, transfer utilities, connect TV & internet, & much more. Thousands of the most prominent real estate companies in the US (from real estate brokerages to multifamily & relocation companies) rely on Updaters real estate products to save clients hours with a branded & personalized Updater moving experience.
Headquartered in New York City, Updater has raised over $200 million from leading investors, including SoftBank Capital, IA Ventures, Commerce Ventures, Second Century Ventures (the strategic investment arm of the National Association of Realtors), & more. Updater ranked #3 on Crain's 2016 Best Places to Work in NYC, ranking as the highest-rated tech company on the list, & ranked #7 in 2018. For more information, please visit www.updater.com.
Updater is proud to be an equal opportunity employer & will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.