Have you ever wondered what happens inside the Cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about creating experiences that you & your peers will love.
The Platform Core team owns & operates an internal platform for deploying the ever growing number of microservices that make up the DigitalOcean cloud. The platform is built on top of Kubernetes & responsible for deployments of large (hundreds of cores & hundreds of GB of memory) & small (fractions of a cpu & MB of memory), servicing internal customers from all across the company in clusters all across the world. We internalized the DigitalOcean mission & apply that same principle of simplicity to how engineers interact with that platform.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager of the Platform Core team you will build solutions that provide DigitalOcean engineers with a robust & comprehensive set of primitives for bringing a service from development to production. We believe that by providing the right set of tools & automation our engineering teams can focus on shipping innovative products to our customers faster & more reliably.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Developing, evaluating, & deploying software to provide automation & modern tooling around our internal software delivery pipeline, which consists of solving problems such as:
- Deployment, Orchestration, Secret management, Service discovery, Continuous Delivery
- Using Go, Kubernetes, & Docker
- Operating & scaling the platform for the rapidly growing demand for it while maintaining optimal performance
- Partnering with various engineering teams to make sure that we deliver an excellent developer workflow spanning from development to production
- Participating in reviewing code, helping evaluate implementations, & providing feedback about potential improvements
What We Expect From You:
- Expertise with at least one of the programming languages such as Go, Python, C/C++, Java
- Experience with Kubernetes is a plus
- You are passionate about shipping well engineered & tested code
- A desire to build systems to help your fellow engineers deliver their software to production more quickly & reliably
- Familiarity with building, debugging, deploying, & operating an application in a distributed system
Check Out Some Talks From Our Team:
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, & other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We care about your physical, financial & mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge & Palo Alto, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices & meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Department: Engineering #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Engineering team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!