Tanium is seeking a world-class Director of Sales Strategy & Operations to support the Global Sales organization in Sales Strategy, Go-to-market Design, Comp Design & Quota Setting, & supporting the Global Account & Renewals Planning Processes.
The Director of Sales Strategy will work closely with the CRO & his direct staff as well as cross-functional organizations (Finance, Marketing, IT, Customer Success). This role will be expected to provide strategic thought leadership & operational support to drive success & effectiveness throughout the business. Sales Strategy focuses on strategic planning, sales coverage, sales analytics, & recommendations to drive optimization & productivity. This role will directly lead & influence the growth of Tanium & will be expected to own projects such as GTM design, segmentation planning, pipeline analytics, & sales play development.
The Director of Sales Strategy will have a high degree of visibility with senior management within the organization, including Taniums Chief Revenue Officer, Chief Marketing Officer, CFO. This role requires a passionate & curious leader who has demonstrated the ability to deliver results in a high-growth, dynamic, fast-paced environment. This Director must love to dive deep into data & can communicate results & analyses to all levels & audiences. This role will report directly to the Head of Sales Strategy & will manage a team of Managers & Analysts.
What youll do
Lead Global Sales Planning
- Drive a process with the CRO & key cross-functional teams to design a GTM strategy, operating plans, coverage models, segmentation models, & more.
- Partner with sales systems & IT to ensure systems reflect the necessary updates to run the business with the structures implemented.
- Create & maintain detailed models & forecasts to support both short- & long-term strategic planning for Taniums growth initiatives.
- Support the global NACV & Renewals forecasting cadence.
Partner on CRO Executive Support
- Partner closely with the CRO on forecasting, planning, & reporting cadences to ensure his needs are met.
- Work with the CRO, finance, & other teams to deliver on critical content like Board Decks, Investor content, & Internal Communications.
- Report out key metrics to the CRO, provide key modeling & ad-hoc support requests.
Drive Global Sales Compensation & Quota Planning
- Partner with the CRO & sales leaders to collect feedback on current compensation plans & ideal changes.
- Design compensation & quota plans for each Sales role.
- Work cross-functionally with HR, Legal, & Commissions Administration to ensure comp plans are in order & can be accurately paid out.
- Support the fields questions & improve the comp exception process.
Support the Global Account & Renewals Teams
- Partner with the VP of Global Account & Verticals to support in developing frameworks & processes, as well as executing on key priorities.
- Partner with the VP of Renewals to develop coverage models, churn forecasting processes, early warning reporting systems, & more.
Build & Lead a High Performing Team
- Build, lead, & motivate a team of 5-6 people including managers & analysts.
- Operate as an inspirational leader for your team & adjacent organizations.
Were looking for someone with:
- BA/BS degree in Economics, Business, Finance, Accounting or related field required; MBA or CPA/public accounting background a plus
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive sales strategy & operations experience, including leadership of teams, required; 12 years or more preferred
- Proven ability to lead large teams & complex cross functional projects
- Expert presentation skills with ability to build compelling presentations & advanced excel modeling skills
- Strong executive presence
- Strategic, quantitative & operational mindset with consulting background preferred
- Experience with Salesforce, Power BI
- Results-oriented team player who leads by examples & holds themselves accountable for performance, takes ownership, & champions all aspects of our business
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing, & global environment
- Data driven with analytical outlook on role
Tanium offers a proven platform for endpoint visibility & control that transforms how organizations manage & secure their computing devices with unparalleled speed & agility. Many of the worlds largest & most sophisticated organizations, including more than half of the Fortune 100, top retailers & financial institutions, & four branches of the US Armed Forces rely on Tanium to make confident decisions, operate efficiently & effectively, & remain resilient against disruptions. Tanium recently ranked 4th on the Forbes list of Top 100 Private Companies In Cloud Computing For 2018 & 55th on FORTUNEs list of the 100 Best Medium Workplaces. Visit us at www.tanium.com or follow us on Twitter at @Tanium.