Cheddar is the leading post-cable news, media, & entertainment company & currently broadcasts two live video news networks: Cheddar, a business news network covering the most innovative executives, founders, products, & technologies transforming our lives & economy; & Cheddar Big News, a fast-paced, young, non-partisan general news & headline news network.
The company broadcasts from the trading floor of the New York Stock Exchange, its street level studio in the glass corner of the Sprint Store in the Flatiron Building, WeWork in Los Angeles, & the White House.
Cheddar was founded by Jon Steinberg, President & Chief Operating Officer of BuzzFeed from 2010 to 2014. Its investors include Lightspeed Venture Partners, Raine Ventures, Goldman Sachs, Liberty Global, Comcast Ventures, AT&T, Amazon, Antenna Group, Ribbit Capital, The New York Stock Exchange, Altice USA, 7 Global Capital, & Denstu Ventures.
About this role:
Cheddar is looking for a part-time & remote social media associate to handle social platform scheduling & posting between the hours of 6p-11pm ET on weekdays & 9a-9:30pm ET on weekends. Schedules will be for 25 hours per week.
This is an entry level position.
Please indicate in your cover letter which of these you are available:
- Shift 1: 6p-11p ET M-F
- Shift 2: 9a-9:30p ET Sat & Sun
- Post content to LinkedIn.
- Schedule & post content to other social media platforms.
- Respond to & route inbound social messages.
- Create reports & track performance metrics.
- 1-2 years of social media management experience (internships count).
- Must have equipment upon which to perform duties (computer, phone, etc.)
- Must be available to work each week during assigned shift.