Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, & tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating & energizing their fanbases.
We have payed out over $500 million directly to creators on our platform this year alone, & our user base has doubled. In order to support this level of growth, we are looking for a Research Operations Manager for our UX Research team.
What you will do:
- Collaborate with researchers to understand their study objectives, clarify their participant requirements, determine recruitment methods, develop screening criteria, & execute the logistics of the research sessions.
- Own Patreons research recruitment strategy & tooling.
- Build & manage Patreons participant panel.
- Support insights management across the research team.
- Create on-brand & effective written communication for engaging with research participants
- Manage research tools, including sourcing & evaluation of new tools as needed.
- Keep our research compliant with GDPR policies & PII management best practices.
Skills & experience you possess:
- Experience working in Research Ops as part of a UXR team.
- Enjoy work with a great degree of autonomy & comfortable prioritizing across multiple teams
- Strong communication & collaboration skills
- Experience with UXR tools such as Qualtrics, Airtable, Dovetail, Mailchimp, etc.
- Familiarity with product development processes, including Agile methodology.
Projects you may work on:
- Refresh Patreons research recruitment playbook. Evaluate current tools & explore new ones.
- Coordinate user research across new product development efforts, working to ensure that teams hear from representative creators & patrons to inform our product roadmap
- Run programs that provide visibility into the research teams insights, from monthly company meetings to regular newsletters.
What you will have the chance to learn:
- You will learn ways to empower creators to get paid. You will help creators make a sustainable living & achieve higher levels of creativity.
Who You'll Work With:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing & highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, & rewarding.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Put Creators First. Patreon is nothing without our creators.
- Achieve Ambitious Outcomes. Set, measure, & accomplish goals that deliver massive value to our creators & patrons.
- Cultivate Inclusion. We want an environment that retains & engages the diverse teams we build.
- Bias Towards Action. When in doubt, we take the next best step, then course correct when needed. We go out of our way to fix problems when we see them. We take ownership seriously.
- Be Candid & Kind. Be extremely caring & extremely direct in all you do at Patreon, especially when it comes to giving positive & constructive feedback.
- Be Curious. You dont know it all, & thats the fun part. Everything gets better when youre curious. Things get more interesting, more clear, & more approachable. When you bring curiosity into the workplace, youre growing yourself, your teammates, & Patreon as a whole.
Want to Learn More About Patreon?