We believe sports are important because they encourage leadership, teamwork, responsibility, & confidencecritical life lessons that have the power to propel young athletes toward meaningful futures. GameChanger recognizes that without coaches, parents, & volunteers, organized youth sports could not exist. We celebrate those dedicated heroes & make it our mission to help them do what they do best.
GameChanger provides teams across the country with team management & scorekeeping capabilities, as well as live fan experience that keep parents, family, & friends huddled around the GC digital campfire as games are announced, animated, & video streamed in real-time. With GameChanger, coaches & parents are able to organize & follow their athletes journey in a simple & powerful way.
Based in downtown Manhattan, GameChanger is a cutting-edge technology company & a proud member of the DICKS Sporting Goods family.
As a Senior Engineer, you will use modern tools to develop features in our fully-native iOS application & across the stack. You will build engaging user-facing features by contributing your expertise, writing code, & making architectural decisions on a team of Product Managers, Designers, QA Analysts, & Engineers.
What You'll Do:
- Build features for community engagement, scorekeeping, fan experiences, & team management throughout the stack, with a focus on our iOS app.
- Collaborate with peers on critical decisions about how our applications are architected & built.
- Team up with designers, testers, & product managers to find the best solutions for our customers.
- Teach & learn with engineers across the company.
- Promote responsible engineering practices.
Who You Are:
- Solid understanding of software engineering fundamentals.
- Track record of successful iOS projects.
- Experience shipping beautiful, high-quality apps.
- Passion & savvy working with the latest iOS tech.
- Comfort working in a multi-disciplined product team.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Experience mentoring engineers.
- Our apps are written in Swift & have a Redux architecture using technologies like RxSwift & Realm. Experience in these or similar technologies is a plus.
- Your team will also be doing Android development in Kotlin, so having background there would be a bonus, but is not required.
- Our backend APIs are built with Typescript, Node.js, Redis, Kafka, & PostgreSQL & run in AWS. It's not required that you know these, but you should be open to full stack development.
- Work remotely or from our well-furnished, modern office in NYCs FiDi.
- Unlimited vacation policy.
- Technology stipend - $3,500 every 2 years to purchase new technology.
- Full health benefits - medical, dental, vision, prescription, FSA/HRA, etc., as well as coverage for family/dependents.
- Life insurance - basic life, supplemental life, & dependent life.
- Disability leave - short-term disability & long-term disability.
- Retirement savings - 401K plan offered through Vanguard.
- Generous maternity/paternity leave.
- Commuter benefits.
- DICKS Sporting Goods Teammate Discount.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.