The Partnerships organization at Walmart eCommerce exists to create step changes in our marketplaces growth & health. Improving customer experience is our mission. Expanding selection, creating a seller friendly ecosystem & growing gross merchandise volume are our goals. We are a lean team of high level operators.
The Partnerships team is looking for a Partner Manager to own the relationships with a designated segment of our Channel Partners.
This person will be responsible for acquiring quality 3rd party sellers through the co-marketing efforts of our Channel Partners, including systems integrators & ecommerce platforms.
Weekly Business Reviews are the format of engagement with our partners where co-marketing campaigns are planned, performance is reviewed, & API issues & opportunities are addressed.
An expert relationship builder, the person will represent the Walmart brand externally at C-level, & will be able to effectively communicate the value of Walmarts marketplace as a major selling channel.
The ideal candidate will have an outstanding attention to detail, the ability to effectively prioritize & multi-task in order to focus on the activities that have the most impact & ensure all deadlines are adhered to.
The candidate should be self-motivated & highly entrepreneurial, with a passion for chasing impactful business opportunities.
- Bachelors degree & 3-5 years experience in a partner facing role.
- Partnerships and/or business development experience in a fast growth, technology environment
- Online ecommerce and/or marketplace experience
- Excellent leadership & interpersonal skills; ability to persuade, communicate vision & motivate people at every level, cooperative working style
- Strong general business knowledge base
- Strong analytical & quantitative skills
- Works well with cross-functional teams: technical onboarding, product, program, legal, category, finance, marketing
- Performs well in an environment with competing priorities, multiple projects, & a virtual teams
- Detail-oriented & strong follow-through
- Positive, upbeat, can-do attitudewith willingness to take the initiative
- Customer-first mind set
Additional preferred qualifications:
- Advanced degree and/or MBA
- Experience at a top tier consulting firm
- Proficient in using Salesforce.com
- Familiarity with API integrations