At ShopRunner, we connect consumers to the brands they love by way of a thriving marketplace & a members-only service that provides benefits across 100+ of the top brands & retailers in the ecommerce space. We build products that provide a premier ecommerce experience by delivering elevated, data-driven content. The landscape of retail is changing & we're here to empower retailers to take their place in that exciting evolution.
We have people in offices around the world: Headquartered in Chicago, with offices in New York, Conshohocken, PA (Philly area), & Krakow, Poland.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Senior Data Engineer at Shoprunner, youll help power many of our data-backed solutions & manage the large scale data we ingest from our merchant partners. Data Engineering will work in collaboration with our Enterprise, Consumer, & Data Science teams to bring data models to production, power solutions for our merchant partners, & create more personalized experiences for our customers in our never-ending quest to help our shoppers & retailers connect in new ways & new applications..
ABOUT WHAT YOULL DO
- Own the key data pipelines which enable real-time event handling, smarter personalization, & more nimble applications.
- Develop frameworks to productize our machine-learning models that give our members more product choices.
- Help us define & manage our big data infrastructure including Kinesis/Kafka streams, Apache Spark & Snowflake data warehouse.
- Help us evolve our service architecture, embracing architecture approaches such as 12 factor, microservices, & well-formed APIs to allow our architecture to scale both internally & externally.
ABOUT WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR
- Experience writing production code in Python & JVM-based systems, but you know a few other languages & like the right tool for the job.
- Experience with a variety of data stores & technologies such as Spark, Airflow, ElasticSearch, Kinesis, Kafka, Postgres, MySQL, & Snowflake.
- Knowledge of data modelling & data warehousing techniques.
- Experience with deploying & managing data infrastructure using tools like Terraform
- Knowledge of machine-learning tools & techniques.
- Plenty of experience using data in support of larger efforts, from reusing other services & APIs, to writing jobs in map-reduce or Spark, to leveraging streaming data for smarter online systems.
- Experience with best practices for CI/CD & deploying code using tools like Jenkins, Spinnaker, Docker & Kubernetes.
- Experience with data transformation tools & techniques & workflow management
- Experience optimizing larger applications to increase speed, scalability, & extensibility.
- Proven self-starter who can move projects forward by filling in the gaps on Agile teams, from leading a design session to doing some test automation, to mentoring a teammate struggling with a new technology.
We want you to bring your whole human self to work every day. We accept you for who you are & consider everybody on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.