Were looking for an experienced product manager who is eager to help us drive retention & loyalty across our core BuzzFeed Products.Youll be the product lead on a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, & data scientists that are focused on creating a differentiated & compelling site experience that our community of users will love.
What You'll Do
- Develop a strategy for driving retention & loyalty across our products by working with your other team leads & partners throughout the entire organization
- Your purview over the core site experience would span BuzzFeed.com as well as our Google AMP, Facebook Instant Articles, & Apple News pages.
- You would closely collaborate with our app team with the potential (but not requirement) to also manage an additional product manager
- You would be responsible for thinking through how people are interacting with & coming to our various pages & empowered to create a strategy for the best way to drive retention & a deeper level of engagement
- You would be expected to help set the team strategy, prioritize the teams work, write OKRs for individual products or projects, & communicate & coordinate the teams plans with stakeholders within & outside of Tech
- Experienced: You have hands-on experience launching & managing digital products, with a slant towards a consumer experience & how that drives the business & 5+ years of product management experience
- Collaborative & communicative: You have a demonstrated ability to work well & communicate with engineers, designers, & data scientists -- experience working with business & editorial stakeholders is a plus
- Curious, analytical, & proactive: You dont merely accept outliers in data, but actively investigate & dive into the numbers & research to find novel insights & new product ideas
- Comfortable in the spotlight: You will need to collaborate with & help influence senior leaders across the company to advance the teams vision & product strategy in a fairly complex problem space
A few examples of current team projects
- Launching a new user profile experience
- Creating new ways to reward engagement & establish habitual user behavior
- Improving our notifications system
- Improvements to the quiz taking experience
- Creating ways to subscribe to topics to improve & personalize the site experience
About BuzzFeed Tech
BuzzFeed Tech is a group of about 150 product managers, engineers, data scientists, & designers that are focused on building great products & content experiences that bring our audience joy & truth. Were a collaborative & friendly bunch that works in a typical agile way with sprints, JIRA, OKRs, & a close working relationship with management.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options
- A generous & well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more
- Plenty of snacks (healthy & indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.