Genius is looking for an Android Engineer to architect & implement new features on our app. Were looking for makers with a sophisticated code sense: folks whove built cool things, but who can also maintain & scale those things, & who feel at home deep in the guts of a library.
The best candidates will have professional experience on an Android app serving a large volume of users, will be proficient with Kotlin & Java, & have some experience with the core technologies we use (Data Binding, Realm, Retrofit).
Genius is the world's biggest encyclopedia of music. Powered by its community, in-house creative team, & the artists themselves, Genius serves music knowledge to over 100 million people each month on Genius.com & everywhere music fans connect across the internet.
Founded in 2009, Genius began as a platform for annotating rap lyrics. Over the years, it has expanded its mission to include more than hip-hop, & more than just lyrics. Every song has a story that needs to be told, & the biggest names in musicincluding Travis Scott, Billie Eilish, & Ariana Grandecome to Genius to give the world insight into their art.
To learn more check out our sizzle, & follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, & Youtube.
- Build & maintain application features, working with core libraries & frameworks including Realm, Data Binding, & Retrofit
- Create reliable, crash-free releases on a repeatable & regular schedule
- Work closely with the full stack team to build features based on our API, & to plan for future API improvements
- Work closely with the product team to define feature specifications & craft unique & beautiful user experiences
- At least 2 years professional Android development experience
- Proficiency with Java & Kotlin
- Knowledge of, & passion for mobile app best practices
- Have personally published or worked on at least one application on the Google Play Store