Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers & sellers through technology. Before Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the Artificial Intelligence that cloud, mobile & AI technologies enable.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity & obligation to build a world-class engineering team & the operating platform that will transform the real estate industry. In 2019 we tripled the size of our Product & Engineering team, & are searching for creative & inspiring colleagues at all levels of the organization to join us as we continue to expand in 2020.
The Data Product teams mission is to envision, build, & deploy the next generation end-to-end platform for real estate data ingestion, processing, storage, serving, & analysis at massive scale to provide leverage for Compass. Every team & agent at Compass relies on our platform to make data-informed decisions as they grow their business on top of this strong foundation.
About This Role
In this role, you will help Compass become the leading source of real estate information by expanding our geographic coverage, introducing new data types & sources, & ensuring the highest data quality standards are met. You will work cross-functionally with company leadership, product managers, engineers, support teams, & other analysts to grow & maintain the Compass data platform.
- Support our expansion team in efficiently onboarding new listing data sources with a high bar for quality
- Create, test, monitor, & improve key data quality metrics tied to the customer experience
- Serve as a subject matter expert & escalation point on data quality issues reported by front-line customer & product support teams
- Directly interface with third party data sources during onboarding & change or incident management activities
- Create & maintain operational & analytical scripts, or other tools to swiftly resolve data quality issues or drive actionable decision-making
- Leverage data to build conviction & consensus around prioritizing features that improve the customer experience & scale the business
- Confirm feature release readiness by performing ad hoc analyses & tests in support of new product development
- Advocate for process improvements to drive our data platform forward with a metrics-driven, continuous improvement approach
- Quickly synthesize ambiguous customer problems into clear situation analyses, summarizing the impact radius, solution options, & trade-offs of each
What We Look For
- 4+ years experience in software product, project management, or engineering roles, building & launching successful data-driven products at scale
- Experience manipulating large datasets using various tools or techniques, including Python/Google Apps scripting, SQL, pivot tables, lookups
- Looking for people with expertise in data forensics, & who are detail-oriented, outstanding communicators, & are quick to learn new technologies/concepts
- Preference given to candidates with 2+ years experience designing, implementing, & maintaining databases and/or data conversion/ETL pipelines
- B.A., B.S., or similar degree in a technical discipline (Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics) is strongly preferred
- Knowledge of, or prior experience with, real estate data integrations is a plus
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place.