Daily Harvest is seeking a driven, detail-oriented, & experienced Senior Accountant to play an integral role on our growing Accounting team. In this role, you will be critical in contributing to the timely completion of accounting functions including our monthly close, account reconciliations, & financial reporting requirements. We are looking for someone who possesses strong organizational skills with a passion for details. This role is best for someone who wants to feel connected to all aspects of the business & is critical in enhancing the efficiency & structure of Daily Harvests financial reporting. If you are self-motivated, results-oriented & have an upbeat attitude, we would love to chat with you! As we are a startup, this position requires someone who is highly adaptable & comfortable with plenty of change.
What you'll do:
- Lead various monthly close processes including support for department level reporting & variance analysis
- Manage the Income Statement for all Operating Expenses to ensure expenses are properly categorized, recorded in the correct period, & all support is documented
- Prepare various balance sheet reconciliations, maintaining all relevant support in audit-ready fashion
- Oversee accounting staff to ensure quality & timeliness of deliverables
- Analyze information by developing spreadsheet reports;verifying information
- Work with third party vendors to automate communication of inventory data
- Help create, shape & institute company accounting & finance policies
- Execute financial statement analysis & document meaningful explanations for fluctuations to help management with business decisions
- Assist in external audit including preparing schedules & responding to audit inquiries
- Implement process improvements & find efficiencies wherever possible
- Conduct month over month analyses & actual vs. budget & communicate across all functions
- Answer accounting & financial inquiries by researching & interpreting data
- Additional ad-hoc finance & accounting projects, as necessary
Who you are:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting is required
- 3+ years experience in ecommerce/retail industry
- Public Accounting experience a plus
- CPA a plus
- Demonstrate firm understanding of accounting principles & GAAP
- Experience with NetSuite is strongly preferred
- High Proficiency in MS Excel is a must
- Ability to manage documentation & input data accurately, with great attention to detail
- Excellent & effective oral & written communication skills
- Versatility, flexibility & a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Ability to operate with a sense of urgency & ability to meet deadlines is critical
- Excellent organizational & follow-up skills
- Strong problem-solving & analytical skills
- Ability to work independently & with a team
- Unlimited Daily Harvest to keep you hustling, not hangry
- Access to everything we make (including recipes in development)
- A dynamic, ambitious, & fun work environment
- Competitive medical, dental, & vision benefits
- Flexible time-off policy
About Daily Harvest
Daily Harvest makes nourishing food built on fruits & vegetables accessible. We do this by delivering thoughtfully sourced, chef-crafted food to customers' doorsteps, all ready to enjoy in minutes. Were on a mission to take care of food, so food can take care of you.
Since launching in 2015, Daily Harvest has been featured in national publications like Fast Company, The New York Times, & Refinery29, & garnered investments from celebrities like Gwyneth Paltrow, Serena Williams, & Bobby Flay.
Our team is collaborative, driven, & future-thinking. We're constantly learning, experimenting, & iterating, & celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, & we get things done. We love adaptogens & cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.
At Daily Harvest, our mission is to take care of food, so that food can take care of you. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table & believe in a collaborative & inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding principles & apply across all aspects of employment.