What's the opportunity?
Intercom is on a mission to make Internet business more personal. The role were looking to fill is a career defining opportunity for someone passionate about this mission as well as product management who wants to lead a world-class team of engineers, designers, & researchers in London. The product youll help to build & shape touches millions of users in the business messaging space every single day. Your job will be to help businesses drive customer engagement, deliver better support, & enhance productivity, all while making the experience feel more fun, connected & personal.
What will I be doing?
- Youll deliver product that reflects a uniquely Intercom perspective on how to achieve it
- Youll manage the roadmap: capture work from a wide range of inputs, understand & prioritise this work so your team is always working on the most impactful projects
- Youll deeply know the problems that youre tackling through research & regular interaction with customers; define & frame those problems for the team
- Youll collaborate with your team in thinking big, to imagining future solutions that solve these problems
- Youll scope these solutions to their smallest coherent state to ship to customers as early as you can
- Youll constantly evaluate if your solutions have solved the problem through quantitative & qualitative measures, both in betas & after full release.
- Youll own & maintain the quality of the product areas your team are responsible for; deliver world-class software in every release.
- Youll motivate a group of committed, smart people to do the best work of their careers
What skills do I need?
- 5+ years experience as a product manager, with a proven track record of shipping impactful product.
- Demonstrable experience of leading a team
- Ideally you have have a strong design background, as its essential youre able to think deeply about product design decisions & have an understanding of how to create simple user interfaces.
- You can clearly communicate product decisions & the rationale behind them. Youre comfortable making decisions without consensus. You can help others make decisions by being persuasive.
- You have deep experience working with both qualitative customer insights, & quantitative customer data to inform decisions. Youve conducted user research, a/b tests & have worked closely with design researchers & analysts.
- Youre entrepreneurial; you dont need direction; you're self driven.
- Youre organised, not ad hoc.
- Youre able to easily switch between thinking creatively & analytically.
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If theres something important to you thats not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary & equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods & a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health & dental insurance for you & your dependents
- Open vacation policy & flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- MacBooks are our standard, but were happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
We are a diverse bunch of people & we want to continue to attract & retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We're committed to an inclusive & diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.