BARK is a company building products, experiences, & entertainment for dogs & the people who love them. The lasting brand that Disney has built for kids & families, BARK is building for the fast-growing market of dog people.
Our ambition-level is high, the opportunity is huge, & our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly themed subscription of all-natural treats & clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 50 million toys & treats to the dogs across the world & use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives & ways to make dogs happier.
But what kind of company is BARK? It's a company that has gone to the dogs. We are committed to a culture that is open, inclusive, generous, & enthusiastic just like our pups. United by this dog-obsession, we embrace diversity of all stripes & spots. If your camera roll is 90% pictures of your dog, you belong here.
At BARK, we know that dogs aren't pets; they're family. Our people crazy dog people believe that their dogs deserve the best. The best treats, the best toys, the best seat on the couch. Together, we're driven to be the people our dogs think we are.
WHO WERE SNIFFIN FOR:
On the BARK Retail team, we are looking for smart, strategic, & creative individuals who have a passion for growing BARKs business in existing Retail channels & for developing the brand in new channels & points of distribution. We seek a National Accounts Manager who has solid retail fundamentals & who can confidently close & run todays product-based business. The strongest candidates will be those inspired to evolve the retail conversation as we grow. Bark magic has transformed the world of dog toys & treats, & now we are looking to apply the same entrepreneurial spirit of surprise & delight to the world of retail.
We value true partnership relationships. We aspire to expand upon our strength to merchandise amazing products with our ability to design experiences to engage dog people & amplify the BARK brand. We are dog people, first & foremost. Our love for our pups makes us best at what we do.
- Land, implement & develop select retailers across different channels of trade.
- Ownership of day-to-day account management, with an opportunistic eye for account growth.
- The ability to successfully manage third party sales reps and/or accounts directly.
- Build strong relationships with both retail partners & internal team members; this includes leadership of current initiatives as well as opportunistic growth pitches; & travel to retailer HQ.
- Development & implementation of accounts overall strategy; this includes translating retailer challenges & needs into BARK opportunities & monitoring on-going execution to optimize learning & success.
- Take accountability for key account revenue & profitability goals; seek opportunity throughout the year to deliver above plan.
- Assist team in development & execution of channel marketing initiatives in-store experience, floor sales training & incentives, promotional activity.
- Provide input, alignment & proper execution of demand needs & financial analysis for each opportunity.
- Monitor product assortments, sales & inventory positions of all accounts, to ensure optimum sell-through as well as sell-in.
- Maintain general market awareness & knowledge of account activities; monitor/ communicate competitive conditions & product/design trends.
- Ensure cross-functional communication within BARK retail team.
- Work alongside the retail management team & finance to negotiate terms, discounts, freight & return requests in line with internal goals. Will also have responsibility for implementing & enforcing Online & Digital advertising policies to ensure accounts are following the most updated set of policies.
- Travel as needed to build relationships, gain trust & commitments from our retail partners.
- Collaborate with internal & partner resources to manage, track & rectify chargebacks as needed.
- Conduct yourself with the highest level of integrity as you represent yourself & the BARK brand.
- Minimum 7-10 years of relevant experience in managing national accounts with retailers, small & large. A diversified portfolio is preferred.
- Highly skilled in retail account management experience with multiple channels of trade & key retailers.
- Obsessed with customer relationships & long-view account planning/expansion
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, be proactive & meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organization, negotiation, communication & presentation skills.
- Strong team player with ability to collaborate cross-departmentally.
- Sound financial analysis to determine retailer & Bark profitability.
- Not afraid to make a fart joke
- Must love dogs. No need to watch the movie Must Love Dogs..
This position is a full-time, salaried position. It is located on-site at our office in Manhattan, New York or Remote from San Diego, CA. We offer health insurance for both you & your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, & a dog to pet anytime you wish.