Company Description|Job Description
Guardant Healthis a leading precision oncologycompanyfocused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets & advanced analytics.The Guardant Health Oncology Platform is designed to leverage our capabilities in technology, clinical development, regulatory & reimbursement to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes & lower healthcare costs.
In pursuit of our goal to manage cancer across all stages of the disease,Guardant Healthhas launched two liquid biopsy-based tests, Guardant360 & GuardantOMNI, for advanced stage cancer patients, & is developing programs for recurrence & early detection, called Project LUNAR. Since its launch in 2014, Guardant360 has been used by more than 5,000 oncologists, over 40 biopharmaceutical companies & all 27 of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network centers.
To enable Guardant Health to lead the disruption of cancer treatments through non-invasive cancer screening, the Technology Development Team is seeking a highly motivated Staff Research Associate to help develop, test, & improve sample preparation technologies for rare variant studies with next-generation sequencing. At Guardant, we leverage the most advanced technologies & work with leaders in many different fields to create the most impactful & meaningful technologies for cancer management.
As a Research Associate supporting product & technology development, you will work with members within the team & interface with multiple teams including process engineering, clinical operations, research operations, & bioinformatics. You will be hands on in the lab & be required to design, implement, & validate new technologies related to liquid biopsy sequencing assays for the early detection, treatment, & monitoring of all cancer types.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operate next generation sequencing instruments
- Run sequencing sample preparation assays in medium to high throughput environment
- Test & improve new sequencing sample preparation assays
- Log & track research samples throughout sequencing workflow
- Maintain appropriate inventory of lab supplies
- Bring a can do attitude to solve new & challenging problems in a high pace environment
- Analyze data & troubleshoot issues within the tech dev team & among other teams
- Collaborate with all functions within project teams
- Engage in early design of products & perform experiments both independently & under the supervision of Senior team members.
- Be able to present updates, write reports & SOPs, & contribute to technical discussions
- 8-12 years related experience
- The ability to handle biological samples (i.e. tissue, biofluid, etc) is a must
- Excellent written & oral communication skills is a must
- Professional hands-on experience in industrial setting in genomics field
- Hands-on experience in running sequencing platforms & assays is a plus
- Experience with process automation for nucleic acid extraction & sample preparation is a plus
- Education: BSc, MSc or Ph.D. in Molecular Biology, Genetics, Biochemistry or related field
Guardant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status & will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.