At Lyft, community is what we are & its what we do. Its what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Lyft is seeking a Design Program Manager to join the Bikes & Scooters Product Design team. Lyfts Bikes & Scooters (LBS) team is a new division & operates as a startup within the larger organization. Design Program Managers are strategic partners to the design leads, leading & driving the design work forward every day. Youre passionate about design, & will help develop process & structure around projects within & around the design organization to make it as effective as possible.
The LBS Design Program Manager will work across teams to shepherd & manage the delivery of design & Rider experiences to completion. A creative approach to the operational aspects is your strength, along with strategic thinking & planning. You thrive in taking complexities to a simple, actionable level across the greater design team, & provide transparency into the design process. Youre savvy at connecting the dots, helping maintain connectivity between our bi-coastal Design team in New York & San Francisco.
Youll be a leader within the design organization & an advocate for the Product Design team & the design process in a matrixed environment.
- Understand the core features & product inside out, & work with the team to help set design goals & trajectory
- Identify process needs & work with team to implement solutions that will create long term efficiencies, often times from scratch, for effective team workflows & collaboration
- Support & elevate the quality of the design work
- Work directly with a multidisciplinary team of designers & researchers
- Collaborate, communicate, & negotiate with product managers, engineers & stakeholders at all levels across the organization
- Own & drive the design project lifecycle from strategic planning, scheduling, requirements gathering, design reviews, delivery & implementation to launch
- Scope & define projects strategically with cross functional partners & design team
- Work flexibly enough to react to scope & schedule changes outside the control of the organization while maintaining a proactive mindset for the regular day-to-day
- Help lead quarterly planning & prioritization with cross functional teams, balancing multiple inputs & needs
- Provide up to date visibility into current projects, team utilization, project health & priorities
- Participate in & facilitate design reviews, prep, & post-mortems
- Collaborate with Design Operations team & design leads with resourcing & team allocation
- Manage deliverables in an accurate & timely fashion
- 5-7+ years of experience working in relevant design industry - product design and/or consultancies
- Passion for user experience & design
- Proven ability to manage workflows, project plans & ship high quality design
- A big picture approach in helping establish, support, & engage teams, while still managing the details
- Strong communicator, both written & verbal, with a diverse group of stakeholders
- Attention to detail with borderline obsessive organizational skills
- Relevant understanding & appreciation of current product design processes & systems
- Comfortable with ambiguity & malleable workflows
- Strong conflict resolution & negotiation skills
- Resilience & equanimity in dealing with change, challenges & adversity
- Proactive in seeking opportunities to improve & expand team, personal skills & experience
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.