Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, & gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, & user experience. We are growing quickly, & this is the time to get on board & play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow.
The Senior Software Release Engineer is a member of the Engineering team & is responsible for the testing, verification, & release processes for Magic Leaps cloud products. They work closely with stakeholders from Engineering, Product & Program Management to coordinate the on-time & quality release of software to production. The Senior Software Release Engineer is expected to completely own the software release life cycle, including verification, testing, assurance, quality control, documentation, traceability, release, & release documentation. They will be agile, collaborative, & focused with an extremely deep technical understanding of Magic Leaps software products & will be wholly committed to delivering a quality product.
- Acts as the gatekeeper to the production environment, ensuring conformance to policies & operational processes/procedures, release integration testing & production validation
- Maintains conformance to release standards, require to test traceability, monitoring & coding standards
- Measure & monitor progress to ensure software releases are delivered on time
- Manages risk & dependencies, communicates & issues that release scope, schedule & quality
- Manage & update affected sprints for each release & ensure Epic & Story statuses in Jira are updated, verified, & closed out correctly.
- Coordinate release content & effort based on the initiative & features
- Communicate all key changes including requirements, QE plans, schedule, & scope changes
- Tracks, promotes, & publishes completed program features & program & team objectives
- Manage relationships & coordinate work between different teams at different locations
- Conduct & lead release readiness reviews, milestone reviews, & business go/no-go reviews
- Communicate release details, notes & product changes to Product & Program as required
- Negotiate, plan & manage all release activities
- Work with SRE & engineers to coordinate all build & release activities - branching strategy, analyze the impacts of branches / environment & code merges
- Maintains the release schedule for all core services & ensure alignment across key partners & vendors.
- Focused on continuous improvement in an agile work environment
- Lead & co-ordinate the go-live activities including the execution of the deployment plans & checklists
- Plays an instrumental role in the organizations BDD transformation, acts as a change agent, & shows strong leadership skills with a positive & collaborative attitude
- Validates features & scenarios as needed to support QE efforts
- Create automation scripts, UIs, & continuous delivery pipeline that enhance & expand our CI/CD services
- Support & improve our tools for continuous delivery pipeline, automated operations validation testing & release management procedures
- 5-7 Years of Experience
- Experience with public cloud providers (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform, etc.)
- Experience with tracking & maintaining agile testing methodologies using Jira
- Comfort with with frequent, incremental code testing & deployment
- 3 plus years of experience using one or several automation tools (Jenkins, Concourse CI, Bitbucket Pipelines, etc.)
- Minimum of five years experience working in a quality engineering or development role
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- AWS certification preferred
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.