THIS IS BLUE APRON
Chefs around the world wear blue aprons when learning to cook, & for us it has become a symbol of lifelong learning. Our highly motivated group of food enthusiasts are inspired to work on complex business problems with creativity & passion always looking to learn something new. We take preparation seriously, embrace a spirit of excellence, & put in the extra effort in everything we do. We are thrilled to be part of our customers lives, cooking & creating experiences in their home kitchens.
WHO'S IN THE KITCHEN
Blue Apron is hiring an experiencedLogistics Analyst to join our rapidly growing Operations team. In addition to supporting the daily & weekly activities within our fulfillment centers (FCs), you'll build, & implement tools & systems to improve our delivery infrastructure & performance. You will be charged with transforming Blue Aprons logistics operations, working hand-in-hand with other members of our operations team & fulfillment centers.
WHAT'S ON THE MENU
- Deliver weekly logistics forecasts to our carriers, ensuring availability of equipment to support on-time delivery (OTD) when you physically book the equipment required for that week
- Support the fulfillment centers (FCs) with issues, changes in plans, carrier constraints, etc.
- Create & refine technical systems to support ongoing & ad hoc logistics operations, both within existing processes but also building from scratch when needed
- Develop & execute complex analysis to support strategic initiatives focused on increasing logistics efficiencies & improving the Blue Apron customer experience
- Collaborate with Operations & Fulfillment teams to identify, prioritize, & execute new initiatives & projects in a dynamic, iterative environment
- Proactively identify & communicate key insights to senior audience
- Bachelors degree in a quantitative subject (e.g., economics, science, or engineering)
- Experience in an analytical role
- Exceptional analytical skills required; proficiency with Excel / SQL preferred
- Prior experience with visualization / BI tools (e.g., Big Query, Tableau, etc.) a plus
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-moving environment & learn by doing
- Superior analytical, planning, & communication skills
Blue Apron provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Blue Apron complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms & conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation & training.