We're looking for an Engineering Manager to help our Site Reliability Engineers build & scale our CI & developer tooling. An ideal candidate is someone whos passionate about running a great team & excited about developer experience & velocity. You should have a DevOps or SRE background, & an ability to understand the tradeoffs needed to achieve reliable & secure infrastructure & tooling.
You will build & lead a team of 4-6+ engineers running internal services & building tooling. As a manager, you will be expected to help recruit & grow your team to meet the needs of a rapidly scaling engineering organization. Critical services that developers rely on today are Jenkins & Artifactory, & youll be expected to help drive forward efforts to containerize & modernize our build infrastructure as we continue a migration to Kubernetes. We are looking to expand our existing automation to build more self-service tools & automate SRE best practices, & will work closely with engineers inside & outside SRE to help reduce toil & improve reliability & security.
You will want to work with us if youre passionate about building awesome things & help build & lead amazing teams.
- Grow a high quality engineering team through recruiting, coaching, & mentoring engineers & by holding a high quality bar for your teams work.
- Establish & maintain metrics to manage the availability of services & KPIs to manage your teams performance.
- Drive outcomes with other groups & leaders inside our team working on efforts including our deployment platforms (Kubernetes/EC2/Lambda), production reliability engineering, & security.
- Own & operate critical internal services like Jenkins, Artifactory, & Gradle enterprise & build a roadmap to improve & expand needed internal services.
- Own & improve developer tooling with an eye towards self service, reliability, & developer efficiency.
- Build, maintain, & improve automation that manages our infrastructure as code.
- Exemplify our core values of putting members first, operating with a bias for action, empowering teams of smart creatives, & embracing a together we go far mentality.
- 5+ years of building, running & caring about teams of engineers, Platform, Site Reliability Engineering or DevOps teams strongly preferred, experience with remote teams a huge plus.
- 3+ years of experience working with configuration management tooling (Chef, Puppet, Ansible) & CI tooling (Jenkins, JenkinsX, Circle CI, Concourse, Drone)
- 3+ years of experience with Amazon Web Services & infrastructure as code, terraform strongly preferred.
- Ability to drive technical decision making through objectively assessing trade offs based on architecture, scope, business priorities, & impacts to product experience.
- Experience programming in a language like Python, Golang, Java. You may not code daily but should have the ability to hold a code quality bar on your team.
- Bachelor's or Masters degree in an engineering field (e.g. Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, etc) a strong plus - however we welcome those with a diverse background & experience.
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, & the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, & convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, & media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, & world-class streaming digital fitness & wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, & Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast & Android TV. Founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada & Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.