Curious about what its like to work at the worlds number 1 discovery platform as a Sr. Manager, Sales Planning? Were glad you asked!
We are seeking a Senior Manager to lead our Sales Planning & Account Strategy team supporting the US Media organization at Taboola.
This role carries responsibility to build, mentor, manage & participate in the day-to-day operations behind creation of our industry-leading & solution-based client-facing collateral including media inventory availability & pricing; proposals; requests for information; campaign strategy & wrap up briefings; & other presentations for sales & marketing initiatives.
This role will also lead the existing teams internal infrastructure development, including prospect account blueprinting & media strategy review; an up-to-date, verticalized advertiser success story/benchmarks library; & templates leveraged in our production line process for collateral customization, with brand-consistent messaging in collaboration with Product Marketing.
The individual in this role is expected to partner cross-functionally with Product, Research & Development, Information Systems, & Media Operations colleagues, to continue developing our tools & automations across media strategy research, planning & transaction/activation, including pricing & proposal development; among other processes.
The right leader for this role will require genuine business acumen to understand client needs & internal process/product improvement opportunities, emotional intelligence to collaborate across many internal departments on an everyday basis, an artistic capacity to creatively build solutions & representative proposals, & a technical aptitude in order to own productivity reporting & spearhead necessary tool integrations.
Sales Planners & Account Strategists, totaling 7 direct reports, are assigned to support corresponding regions (West, Central, East) & client tiers (Enterprise, Mid-Market) across the US Media Sales & Account Management organization.
- Lead day-to-day media planning & supporting operations, enabling team & client success in a fast-paced, high-volume environment at one of the worlds leading digital media companies.
- Drive sustained incremental productivity within the US Media Sales & Account Management team, through a high-volume production of custom pitch materials; solution-based client proposals, & supporting collateral(s); & other deliverables such as prospective or live media placement demos/screenshots, creative strategy recommendations & case studies.
- Own pre-sales plan pricing & inventory forecasting, while maintaining timely & effective turnaround times on proposals & other client-specific needs.
- Lead strategic vision of Sales Planning & Account Strategy at Taboola, by integrating processes & tools operationally long-term, & upholding on-time delivery of industry-leading & client-centered solutions short-term.
- Support contract redlines process for Sales & Account Management, by managing internal collaboration with Legal, Finance & Product teams as necessary.
- Manage point-of-sale (e.g. administer contract delivery in Docusign, & maintain opportunity-related documentation in Salesforce) & immediate post-sale operations (e.g. update opportunity records & initiate account handoff process in Salesforce, generate private marketplace deals using internal tools & deliver activation details to clients for programmatic campaigns).
- Partner with Sales Directors, to incorporate territory-specific needs into relevant proposals & sales materials
- Learn to evangelize/position our mission & capabilities, to help our team sell successful advertising strategies, creative & technical, across a range of industries & types of businesses.
- Ensure we have a clean universe of advertiser accounts in Salesforce, by organizing agency hierarchies & detailing agency/brand relationships.
- Lead an ambitious team of Sales Planners & Account Strategists; by holding daily & weekly team meetings, coaching direct reports in bi-weekly one-on-ones, coordinating training workshops, & playing an influential role in the professional development of each team member.
- Foster opportunities for internal mobility, helping direct reports build pathways into progressive positions within the Media Sales & Account Management organization, or within other departments & roles available at Taboola.
- Bachelors degree (minimum)
- 2-5 years of experience in digital media sales and/or sales support (1-2 years of previous management or team-lead i.e. player/coach experience in a sales and/or sales support capacity preferred, but not required)
- Passionate about advertising, media & technology
- Strong business acumen, & an ability to present & communicate ideas/concepts effectively
- Ability to exercise consistent emotional intelligence, professionalism & persistence
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, revenue-driving team environment
- Ability to navigate & communicate with both internal (Taboola) & external (client) teams
- Expert in Salesforce, including process development & integration, reporting & day-to-day management
- Expert in accessing & interpreting data using reporting/dashboard tools such as Tableau & Qlik
- Expert in Microsoft Office & Google Apps
Taboola is an equal opportunity employer & we value diversity in all forms. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees & believe such an environment is critical for success. Employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, & business need.