Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data & technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. Were the most-visited car-shopping site in the US & we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
The CarGurus Dealer Product Marketing team is looking for an enthusiastic teammate to produce results for its product efforts for automotive dealers. A successful Dealer Product Marketing Manager will be able to balance multiple different projects, has the passion for customer-centric marketing & strong cross-functional management skills to get results forward.
As part of the Dealer Product Marketing team within the Revenue Organization, this person will be responsible for playing a meaningful role in bringing new dealer Digital Retail products & features to market, as well as ensuring the success, adoption, & ongoing optimization of those products. Focus areas include working cross-functionally to communicate the vision & value propositions of our products for our dealer customers, crafting strong go-to-market strategies & planning/participating in the launches of new products that involve several departments (e.g. Sales, Marketing).
What you'll do:
- Become a strong partner to CarGurus Product Managers & Commercialization teams. Work with PMs & Business Ops teams during the development phase of new products/features to ensure market fit, raise strengths & weaknesses, & understand ideal customer segment/competitor landscape. Bring market knowledge into the go-to-market phase.
- Acquire insights into usage of current products & overall dealer market through surveys, interviews, research projects, sales data, in partnership with Insights team.
- Build product messaging & value props. that set CarGurus Digital Retail dealer offerings apart from others in the market.
- Develop, & participate in, the launch of Digital Retail products & pilots.
- Partner with demand generation marketing, sales enablement & innovation, product managers, & pricing team etc. to ensure success of products in the market.
- Work with demand generation marketing teams & sales to determine communication strategy for product/feature updates & proactive notifications to customers.
- Communicate the vision & value of new products internally & develop tools/playbooks that facilitate the selling process.
- Track & analyze success of product marketing metrics. Analyze key metrics & deliver useful insights.
Who you are:
- 4-7 years of marketing experience.
- Product Marketing experience preferred (B2B or Consumer-Focused).
- Strong communication skills & cross-functional project management success.
- Highly collaborative with the ability to work with many teams/partners.
- Analytically oriented with a bias towards using data to solve problems.
- Ability to analyze survey data & conduct customer interviews.
- Ability to tackle problems through creative thinking & out-of-the-box solutions.
- Strong communication skills & attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize multiple priorities to deliver results.
- Occasional travel required for sales & marketing events.
- Experience with email marketing, direct mail, or webinars a plus.
- Experience with product management and/or customer insights a plus.
- Experience with LinkedIn, Salesforce, Marketo, or Google Analytics, a plus.
We recognize that flexibility plays a critical role in enabling our people to thrive in both their personal & professional lives. We currently welcome Gurus into our Cambridge, MA office on a voluntary basis but do not require employees to physically be in the office. We will adopt a hybrid working model when health experts & government officials in our local communities deem it safe to do so. Specific arrangements within this model will be up to team leaders discretion; we encourage you to discuss your questions & needs during the interview process.
All US CarGurus employees are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19, unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation. This helps us to safeguard the health of our employees & their families, our customers & visitors, & the community at large.