Pure Storage Acquired Portworx in October 2020, Creating the Industry's Most Complete Kubernetes Data Services Platform for Cloud Native Applications. This acquisition represents Pures largest to date & our deeper expansion into the fast-growing market for multi-cloud data services to support Kubernetes & containers.
Press Release - September 16, 2020
BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, & our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence & advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, & self-driving carsall of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pures technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
Weve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, & as we continue to gobble up market share, were blazing trails & setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays.
- Our customer-first culture & unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a Satmetrix Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say bring it on to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
Portworx has joined Pure Storage to form a new Cloud Native Business Unit. Portworx is a cloud native platform that enterprises depend on to reduce the cost & complexity of rapidly deploying containerized applications across multiple clouds & on-prem environments. Via Portworx, you can manage any database or stateful service on any infrastructure using any container scheduler. You get a single data management layer for all of your stateful services, no matter where they run. And we thrive in multi-cloud environments.
We are looking for a Solutions Architect with mastery in containerization, DevOps practices, & running databases in production. Must have extensive knowledge of software development landscape that will help sales teams present the most optimal solutions to customers, the desire & ability to travel within your assigned territory, & a customer-focused mindset. Must be a hands-on technical expert who will support sales activities in the region. This is not a passive technical advisory role supporting sales efforts with technical slides & documentation. This is a proactive, engaging, customer-focused, problem-solving position.
WHAT YOULL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
The Pure Storage Cloud Architecture team is responsible for providing pre-sales deep technical & business expertise to customers who want to run stateful applications in containers & automate Day 2 data management workflows. You will interface directly with customers as well as collaborate with Product Management as a field representative on development & enhancement of products.
- 5+ years experience as a hands-on software architect, in a customer facing capacity
- Fluency with DevOps concepts & tools, including but not limited to: Ansible, Terraform, Kubernetes, Docker, CI/CD, & other container platforms
- Ability to see & present the big picture & offer solutions to improve upon it, proactively seeking out & driving customer oriented solutions.
- Experience in data engineering, big data, & database operations, delivery & operational services
- Expertise & working knowledge of Cloud IaaS environments such as VMware, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform & OpenStack
- Understanding of data platform technologies as they relate to highly available business applications on- prem & in the cloud
- Knowledge of the enterprise application development lifecycle & container platforms effect on it
- Experience using and/or developing on a Unix/Linux platform
- Ability to distill complex problems into a simplified vision that drives customer interest in Portworx technologies
- Strong bias for action, drive, initiative
- Charismatic self-starter with a natural ability on stage, in the spotlight, & with customers
- Must be effective in working both independently & in a collaborative team setting
- Analytical ability, problem solving skills & decision-making skills
- Ability to travel up to 50% regionally (temporarily restricted under current global health environment)
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Mastery with Kubernetes deployment
- Deployment & troubleshooting of Kubernetes
- Prior experience presenting to IT executives, decision makers & highly technical audiences
- Prior technical Pre-Sales experience
- Experience in qualifying sales opportunities
- Familiarity with other container orchestration platforms
- Experience with HA deployments for modern scale out databases & data processing solutions like Cassandra, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, Kafka, Elasticsearch & HDFS
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, related field or equivalent experience
BE YOUCORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, & make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice & can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts & celebrate individuality, & with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, & expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal & professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local & global communities through volunteering & grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full & best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, & company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.