Backend Engineer for Video Team
Squarespace is looking for an experienced Backend Engineer to join our cross-functional team to work with our Product Engineering team to support video features.
You will be building & maintaining the video backend services including a solution for collecting & managing video analytics at scale. As a Backend Engineer on the Video team, you will create architecture & services that provide access to real-time event streams.
We are looking for someone with strong skills in system design & the ability to work with videos to build systems & pipelines from the ground up.
You will report to the Engineering Manager & be based within our remote team in Poland.
- Write server-side code, create robust high-volume production applications, & develop prototypes quickly
- Design & build new features into the Squarespace platform, building backend services with Java
- Collaborate with other engineers & designers to deliver strong customer-focused experience
- Ensure the reliability of systems critical to Squarespace users & businesses powered by Squarespace
- Practice disciplined software engineering (e.g. automated testing, code reviews, & writing beautiful, pragmatic code)
- Own & architect our video data tech stack in delivering high scale pipelines & services.
- Actively contribute to team & company standards
- Development experience in Java, Python, Go or another Object-oriented language
- A solid foundation in computer science, with competencies in data structures, algorithms, & software design practices
- Experience developing large-scale software & fault-tolerant data architecture
- Strong understanding of database design (both SQL & NoSQL), caching & scalability
- A sincere commitment to crafting readable & dependable code
- Experience in databases, analytics, big data systems or business intelligence products
- Deep understanding of distributed batch & streaming data processing systems like Spark/Kafka
- English language proficiency allowing efficient communication
- Prior experience building near time analytics solutions
- Google Cloud Platform experience (BigQuery, Pub/Sub)
- Familiarity with video processing & analytics
Equity plan for all employees
Private healthcare family package
Maximum (4%) employer contribution to Employee Capital Plan (PPK)
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.