Squarespace is a design-centric product company at heart whose mission is to be the all-in-one platform for anyone who wants to stand out. As international momentum continues to drive meaningful growth for our business, we are looking for a Senior Product Designer to help us continue to achieve viability in new markets (non-EN/non-US). You will be challenged in an organization that values vision, execution, & persistence. You will take ownership of our product by solving complex problems in simple, elegant ways.
The international team works to ensure our customers everywhere are able to use our products equally well, & optimizes our platform for future global expansion. Your work will span both customer facing experiences & platform level capabilities that supercharge cross functional partners across the organization.
Some current areas of focus include: enhancing our product to ensure we meet local requirements for international users (offering them a localized, native experience); driving conversion & customer success in key international growth markets via localized features (payment methods, support, etc); & to discover & test differentiated features for key markets.
You'll continuously collaborate with product & engineering from discovery to delivery to iteration. Together with your product team, you will own the international product strategy & experience for our customers & iterate toward the gold standard. This project cuts across all parts of the Squarespace product, & therefore many teams. You're comfortable working with diverse teams/cross functional partners, & are excited to push our design system to scale your efforts. Youll champion best practices & evangelize the teams strategy to the larger organization, offering guidance to product teams to build localized products faster as we scale to new countries & markets.
You will report to a Design Director on the Platform team.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices & provides flexibility for our employees.
- Build end-to-end user experiences
- Collaborate with product & engineering teams from concept through delivery & beyond
- Help define key metrics in order to track success & business impact
- Drive clear team alignment around goals & priorities
- Think holistically about the user journey & product ecosystem
- Partner with research on testing plans & ways to measure success
- Facilitate user research & testing, ensuring usability & product consistency
- Love talking to users & looking at data in equal measure
- 7+ years of experience
- Experience working on a product team that has successfully executed international expansion
- Awareness of the pain points that international users face
- Deep experience with sketching, wireframes, visual design, & prototyping
- Experience facilitating user research & usability testing
- Understand information architecture & service design principles
- Use a systems approach to design
- Strong presentation & storytelling skills with the ability to tailor your context to different audiences
- Passion for our product & the impact that it has in the world
A portfolio of relevant design work is required for consideration
Our Product Design team is made up of designers from a variety of backgrounds & we value the diverse perspective this brings; therefore, we do not require a certain degree (Bachelors, Masters) in order to be considered.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace