The Head of Communications will oversee the companys internal & external communication efforts & will be responsible for the development of the strategy & execution of the Communications department. You will be a member of our leadership team & collaborate with department heads across the company.
All of your actions will have the goal of providing the best possible story to define what Compass stands for, its value, importance, & differentiation. This will include the story of its technology, growth, agents, people & data, as well as the services provided to our clients. You will drive business strategy by providing a clear narrative to Compass agents, employees, & real estate consumers.
This role is crucial in helping build our audience buyers, sellers, renters, developers, & agents, plus the broader tech, business, & design communities & defining the content that creates traffic flow back to our main web & app properties. You must have a keen design sensibility, an editorial eye, an incredible Rolodex & the ability to speak with anyone, anywhere, anytime comfortably & confidently.
At Compass You Will:
- Ensure that the voice & vision of the company is understood, both internally & externally through PR, internal newsletters, investor communications, & industry invitations
- Manage external firms throughout our diverse markets
- Generate unique & original press strategies to set us apart
- Ensure the company is well-positioned across all strategic channels by constantly investigating & pitching new, creative concepts
- Collaborate with the Head of Marketing & Design & Editorial Director on the company positioning & messaging
- Interface & cultivate relationships with the media
- Manage external communications vendors
- Develop strategy for all important press announcements & ensure messaging is aligned across all channels, internally & externally
- Manage the coverage of press-centric events, activations, & community outreach
- Work with the senior leadership on internal communication throughout the company
- Pitch quarterly market reports externally & communicate them internally
- Seek out & communicate important ongoings from Compass affiliates & strategic partners
What We Look For:
- 12+ years of experience managing communications either internally or at an agency
- Experience working directly with executives on crafting & delivering messages
- Excellent oral & written communicator who can effectively present the Compass brand & vision to various stakeholders
- Experience working with external press outlets & reporters with a thorough understanding of how to frame & control a story
- Comprehensive knowledge of media landscape
- Strong understanding of various social media platforms
- Experience with tech startups is strongly preferred