KATERRA exists to help transform construction through technology - every process & every product.
We provided end-to-end building services, creating new efficiencies between design, engineering, construction, project management, & more. Our integrated teams apply the principles of technology & manufacturing to the building industry, bringing fresh minds & innovative approaches to remove unnecessary time & costs from construction projects.
At KATERRA, we lead from every seat. Our ideal team members are self-starters that embrace ambiguity, think big, & bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence.
One of KATERRA's cultural principles is Diversity.We believe different backgrounds, ideas, & skillsets result in better outcomes.KATERRA does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. KATERRA encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQIA, people with disabilities, veterans & those with diverse life experiences
Senior Product Costing Analyst
The Senior Product Costing Analyst will support the R&D organization by providing forward-looking financial analysis for a variety of strategic products including building platforms, manufactured assemblies, & other technologies. In this role, you will be responsible for supporting design teams with financial analysis & strategic insight throughout the product development process.
This role will include a great amount of interaction with various operational teams such as design, engineering, materials, sourcing, manufacturing, construction, & commercial viability. You will gain expertise into how Katerra develops products that combine advanced materials, manufactured components, & field assemblies into new products & platforms. Your work will impact new product development & design decisions & the financial success of our R&D investments.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop cost models & targets for complex products that include manufactured, & field assembled components & own them from concept phase to product launch
- Collaborate with teams across the organization including design, engineering, materials, construction, & sourcing to develop financial models that properly reflect the cost of production, are complete in scope, & align with the Katerras product strategy
- Support business partners with financial decision making return on investment, tradeoff analysis, value engineering analysis, cost reduction what-ifs, etc.
- Support financial reporting & strategic planning for the R&D organization
- Support the continued development of costing systems, processes, & templates. Develop costing systems, metrics, & benchmarks that allow for the standardization of costs used by various stakeholders for planning & budgetary purposes in early design stages
Required Skills & Experience
- 4+ years in manufactured product costing experience
- Completed BA/BS in Finance, Economics, Engineering or related field. Advanced degree or broad exposure in Finance is preferred
- Advanced MS Excel & general data analysis skills
- Experience with Target Value Design, Lean, or other design for cost frameworks
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in construction cost estimating & pre-construction services is a plus
- Knowledge of construction estimating resources such as R.S. Means
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that KATERRA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, KATERRA will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, KATERRA explicitly reserves the right to pursue & hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of KATERRA.