Your role in our mission
Were Alfred, & were building the future of living. We provide residentfirst software & services to deliver inhome support & local experiences. Were building a future where everyone has the help they need to make time for the people & things that matter most. Since 2015, weve completed millions of services & saved our members countless hours across more than twenty cities.
At Alfred we create experiences that save time, connect, & delight our customers. Were seeking a passionate & curious designer to join our Product Design team to define the future of living. We work by being customer-first & user-centric as a core part of our design team. Our ideal designer creates intuitive solutions to complex problems & designs experiences that engage, excite, & empower our multiple customers.
How youll contribute to #OneTeam
- Advocate for the 3 unique customers at Alfred that are at the center of our mission: our residents, our buildings, & our resident-facing team members.
- Collaborate with your product manager & engineers during the discovery process, understanding the outcomes you are trying to drive, the problems you will solve, & who you will solve them for, synthesizing that data to formulate requirements for effective design
- Own the designs you create from end-to-end -- identifying & developing the best design methods to articulate your solutions (flows, prototypes, wireframes, high fidelity design, etc) along the way. Solicit data & test across multiple possible solutions to drive the best outcomes for our customers & our business
- Collaborate with your product manager & engineers during the implementation phase to ensure the product meets design intent & quality standards; work directly with engineers on the front-end execution, including design QA
- Identify design process gaps or inefficiencies & contribute to improvements.
- Help cultivate a strong design culture within a growing team.
Who you are
- Have a portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience in user-centered product design solutions
- You have 2+ years of real-world experience designing both native applications & web design from concept to completion
- Experience working in UI & UX
- Pay attention to the smallest details & are innovative in your problem solving
- Comfortable clearly & concisely communicating customer problems & other opportunities cross-functionally with Product Managers, Engineers, Key Stakeholders
- Proficiency using design tools like Figma or similar (e.g. Sketch, Adobe XD, etc) to create workflows, components, & prototypes
- Experience conducting user research sessions like user interviews & usability testing
- Experience working with & building design systems & intimate knowledge of the modern web, iOS, & Android features & functionality
Youll connect with us if you
- Practice empathy
- Conduct yourself with the highest integrity
- Are thoughtful, self-reflective, & always open to growing
- Speak up with radical candor
- Approach your work as an owner
- Have a high & ever-climbing bar for excellence
- Always do things the right way, even when its harder
- Believe that #OneTeam is greater than the sum of its parts
- Leave no loops open
Some ways we care for you
- Remote Friendly working style
- NYC Pet-Friendly HQ
- Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion working group
- Unlimited PTO
- Weekly Seminar Learning Sessions
- Culture of Promoting from Within
- 100% coverage of Medical, Dental & Vision Premiums for Employees
- FSA & HSA options
- Quarterly Feedback Reviews