Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
The Communications & Corporate Affairs department at Mailchimp works across departments to develop & share messages for both internal & external audiences. This role will focus on strategic social & executive communications, both internally & externally.
Were looking for a Social Communications Associate to support the Corporate Communications & Corporate Affairs department & work in close collaboration with key executives & across Support & Marketing departments, focusing specifically on helping set strategy for Mailchimps social support as well as executives social presence.
The ideal candidate will have experience supporting & leading a variety of social media initiatives, including corporate communications, brand & product marketing, customer support guidance, & issue response. The role requires strong writing, communication, & project management skills, the ability to work cross-functionally & with executives, flexibility, & a willingness to learn.
What you'll do:
- Set & execute strategy for Mailchimps social support to increase brand love & minimize issues
- Develop KPIs, goals, & track execution to those goals
- Promote alignment with Mailchimps voice & tone principles in social interactions
- Advise on social replies, including crafting, editing, & approving copy
- Assist in crafting & implementing social media strategy & responses for events like outages or service interruptions & company events
- Set & execute a social media strategy to support corporate & executive communications goals & priorities
- Stay up to date on company & product news to develop & maintain an editorial calendar for executive social media posts
- Work with Marketing team to advise on & develop social media posts to share positive news stories, awards & other recognitions, through Mailchimps corporate social channels
- Draft, edit, & publish social media posts for members of Mailchimps executive team
- Advise members of Mailchimps executive team on social media presence & profiles to support thought leadership opportunities
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- Experience setting social media strategy & writing social media copy, for high profile accounts or individuals preferred
- Some experience with crisis communications preferred
- Attention to detail, familiar with different style guides, adaptable
- Highly organized & detail-oriented able to manage time & juggle multiple priorities to execute high-quality deliverables
- Comfortable working closely with executives of all levels
- Experience with social media management platforms a plus - Twitter, Facebook, but also Hootsuite, Sysomos, or other similar tools
- Understanding of Mailchimps platform, customers, & business story
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed.
We love our hometown & support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.