Codecademy was started in 2011 by two college students in a dorm room at Columbia that were frustrated by the huge gap between education & employment. Almost a decade later, we are a growing, diverse team of 100+ headquartered in SoHo, NYC. Weve raised over $40m in venture capital funding from top investors including Union Square Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Naspers, Y Combinator, & more.
Codecademy for Business is a new group within Codecademy that builds products aimed at helping businesses of all sizes create, curate, & deliver technical training at scale to their learners. Current clients include companies like: Amazon, Lyft, Shopify, & Spotify. Weve recently launched a new b2b product that helps large companies tackle a major business problem: efficient technical training & onboarding. To ensure the success of this product, were hiring our first Enterprise Account Executive.
If you want to help build a business that impacts tens of millions of people each year & helps them lead better lives, join us!
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- We are looking for exceptional candidates who can manage complex & consultative sales processes for our new enterprise b2b e-learning product.
- This product is already being used by several large enterprises, however, were looking to hire a strategic salesperson to expedite go-to market
- This role is a hybrid one that is equal parts sales execution & sales strategy
- As our first enterprise sales executive, well expect you to run a sales process from beginning to end: prospecting, demonstrating product value & pitch various stakeholders, generating pricing proposals, building pitch decks, negotiating terms & lead the contracting process.
- Youll be expected to navigate an enterprise to map stakeholders, build champions, generate buy-in & close deals with C-Level decision makers
- On the strategy side well need someone to refine our buyer persona, help to refine our existing sales strategy, & constantly use market feedback, data, & qualitative insights to drive updated sales tactics.
- Youll be tasked with actioning customer insights to help shape the go to market strategy of our b2b product including features & pricing.
- Internally, youll be working cross functionally & departmentally with multiple teams to ensure a seamless client experience throughout the entire client lifecycle.
- Collaborate with leadership & stakeholders to develop or modify sales strategy for continued success.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- 5+ years of experience in a strategic sales role
- A self-starter who will lead & manage, while moving quickly & efficiently towards outcomes.
- Expert listening & discovery skills - & ability to map product value to customer needs
- Previous experience selling cloud or enterprise software products
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, high-growth, & collaborative environment
- Ability to work with a high degree of ambiguity
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU STAND OUT:
- Can build relationships with senior IT executives
- Have navigated complex organizational structures & created champions across teams
- High attention to detail, with a process & solution-oriented mindset
- Self-starter & willing to tackle everything from the ground up
- Experience running the complete sales cycle from demo & qualification to close, including navigating complex enterprise procurement & security processes
- Experience selling a highly consultative product into Senior Engineer Leaders as well as HR/People Teams
- Ideally, you also have experience selling to a technical & business audience, building trust & mutual respect with technical customers & peers
- Impeccable customer skills: communication, empathy, integrity
At Codecademy, we are committed to teaching people the skills they need to upgrade their careers. Codecademy aims to educate a richly diverse demographic of learners with our product & in order to accomplish this, we believe our team should reflect that rich diversity. Our company celebrates diversity in all of its forms-- race, gender, color, national origin, marital status, sexuality, religion, veteran status, age, ability, disability status-- & works to create an inclusive workplace where people of all backgrounds & beliefs are empowered to better their futures.