Gilt City Local Account Executive
Gilt City, the local & national lifestyle & experience e-commerce destination. A part of Gilt.com, Gilt City offers coveted access to exclusive local experiences & e-commerce brands to our exclusive member base. Headquartered in Boston as part of the Rue Gilt Groupe, Gilt City features exclusive local offers in 13 cities nationally, with a large nationwide membership base. Our energetic team consists of motivated lifestyle & experience experts who are passionate about offering the very best brands at insider pricing to our Gilt City members throughout the country.
This is a part time contract role to start. Must have the ability to commit to 15-20 hours per week with a ramp-up plan to 40 hours over the course of 8 Weeks (Between the hours of 9 AM-5 PM EST, M-F). As well as the opportunity to transition into full-time employee status after 90 days (with the result of achieving target metrics).
Gilt City is looking for a dynamic & self-sufficient brand partnership manager who can identify key local partnerships & deliver sales that align with our mission of providing insider access to todays most coveted brands & businesses. This person will partner with local restaurants, salons, spas, fitness studios, & other local experiences to build & maintain key relationships while creating experiences for Gilts members. This person will own their own book of business & work with their Sales Manager/Director to strategize ways to reach & exceed goals. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of in-demand trends, be an expert on the city that they live in & sell into, with an established network of business contacts, and/or the ability to open up doors to get to the decision makers for desired partners. This person should have professional poise & presence when interfacing with the marketplace; have an inherent creative ability to identify unique coveted experiences & have a passion for winning.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Own & drive full cycle sales on a continual basis by bringing in new accounts & maintaining or growing relationships in order to achieve & exceed revenue target
- Interface & communicate effectively with the Account Management team & leadership team
- Execute against targets identified & agreed upon by management on a quarterly basis
- Represent Gilt City at trade & tastemaker events
- Continuously source & secure new local businesses & re-engage past partnerships to be able to grow an active account list & create partnerships with decision makers
- Identify new & emerging trends within targeted market & keep local offers new & exciting
- Be a critical thinker, comfortable & capable of navigating different client scenarios & navigating a variety of tools & platforms at a time.
3+ years full cycle, direct sales experience (conducting research, prospecting/cold calling, face to face/virtual video meetings, identifying value propositions & leading negotiations to drive the desired results, offer creation & deal execution, project & relationship management, etc.)
Proven track record of success as a driven, self-motivated sales & business development professional
Experience with media sales, local & national services, loyalty programs and/or luxury lifestyle brands preferred
Knowledge of & passion for flash/daily deals marketplace & retail math a plus
Outstanding problem-solving, negotiation, communication & presentation skills
Expert in prospecting, building & maintaining strategic partnerships
In return for these accomplishments the following will be provided:
- The opportunity to contribute to a rapidly thriving team & company.
- The ability to work in an entrepreneurial culture thats slated to break new grounds.
- The chance to become a trusted market manager by building long-term relationships with business partners.
- Comprehensive training -- we provide regular training programs & guidance to enhance your sales & customer service skills.
- A competitive pay, incentives & career growth.
- Ability to work remotely
- A laptop
- Last but not the least, an employee discount on RueLaLa.com & Gilt.com once in a full-time role.
Rue Gilt Groupe combines world-class merchandising, technology & marketing to create the most engaging & satisfying online shopping experience available. Each day, 35+ million loyal Members turn to Rue La La & Gilt for everything from women, men & children's apparel & accessories to home dcor & exclusive experiences. Our approach to retail brings excitement to online shopping in a way that not only strategically supports our brand partners, but also inspires our Members daily.
This Company is an equal opportunity employer, & selects individuals best matched for the job based upon job-related qualifications regardless of race, religion, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status or any other