Oscar Product is a growing, fast-paced team using technology & design to revolutionize healthcare. We work on a wide range of projects in several areas: building next generation consumer experiences, technology & infrastructure, expanding into new markets, creating better ways for healthcare providers to interact with patients, optimizing internal operations & processes, & lots more. And we work alongside some of the most talented technologists out there, with Product, Engineering & Design forming a tight, high-performing team.
As a Director of Product, You will sit at the intersection of product, the insurance business teams, internal stakeholders, & external clients, working to identify long-term opportunities & challenges. You will think big picture about our business goals & how we achieve them, bringing ideas from our product organization to the table, & setting up a strong collaboration model between our business & product teams. And you will play a crucial role in the growth of our newest platform partnerships. This role is a great opportunity for a strategic, business savvy product leader who can easily context switch between geeking out over product investments & technology decisions to broader business strategy, & everything in between.
Wed love to hear about your experiences & interests to see if this role would be a great fit for you!
You will report into a Product leader in our NYC office.
- Experienced. You have been in a product management leadership position and/or in the healthcare consulting space for >7-10+ years
- A fast learner. Healthcare is complicated; youre curious by nature & excited to get into the details & become an expert in health insurance infrastructure, from how claims are processed to how payments flow through the healthcare system.
- Strategic & analytical. You can turn new, vague ideas into implementable projects & identify new opportunities that move the needle. You use data to clarify decisions wherever possible.
- An end-to-end thinker. You can look at a complex, ambiguous problem & create a solution all the way from top-level goals to nitty-gritty operational & system details.
- Empathetic. You understand other disciplines & bring everyone together using clear communication & strong structured thinking.
- Great at prioritizing. There are a million ways to make the healthcare experience better - we cant fix all of them at once! Where will you start & why?
- Collaborative. You love helping product managers, engineers, designers, operations experts, & other teams around you do their best work. You solve problems with others & can also take the lead on larger cross-functional projects.
- Organized. You are a natural at project managing multiple small & large projects at the same time & getting things done.
- Above all: you are mature, open-minded, & nice. (No jerks allowed!)
- Become a deep expert in the growth & profitability strategies of Oscars Insurance business, our technology stack & differentiated consumer experience, & wield that interdisciplinary expertise to achieve your business objectives
- Explore the various competitive consumer models understanding which work best & how Oscar can take advantage of our unique member engagement to create something differentiated
- Work side by side with the internal teams who are crafting Oscars growth & retention strategies to ensure it both informs & is informed by our product & technology approach
- Collaborate with Engineering & Product leadership to advocate for the development of tech capabilities that will support & grow our insurance businesses
- Drive the implementation of clients & partners who are onboarding onto the Oscar platform & influence prioritization decisions on our roadmaps to ensure client success
- Participate in both internal & external program management with key stakeholders
- Coordinate & organize work across multiple perspectives & functions within Oscar & be the central point of contact & connector between our insurance lines of business & Product Leadership
- This role is both strategic & operational. It does not include any direct reports
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.