Vimeo is looking for an experienced & creative business development leader to join our growing BD team. The Director of Business Development will be developing new strategic partnerships with top Consumer, B2B, & Enterprise tech companies. These product-driven partnerships require a strategic, consultative business development approach, primarily focused on integrating & distributing Vimeos products via partnerships. The ideal candidate will be able to hunt for qualified opportunities, propose innovative solutions that build long-term value for Vimeo & our partners, & effectively negotiate & close complicated deals. You will report to the SVP, Business Development, & work across various areas of the company to bring new partnerships to market as well as shaping & scaling the partnership program.
What youll do:
- Identify prospects, pitch new deals, create proposals, negotiate agreements & win new business
- Help develop a repeatable end-to-end partnership development process
- Work with Product & Product Marketing teams to refine Vimeos partner offerings (APIs, Widgets, etc.)
- Religiously analyze the performance & impact of partnership initiatives for continuous optimization
- Work with partners on promoting Vimeos product launches to their user base & vice versa
- Internally communicate partnerships plans & performance to align relevant partners & teams behind your initiatives
- Work cross-functionally with Product, Product Marketing, API/Engineering, Marketing, Legal, & PR teams to launch new partnerships
Skills & knowledge you should possess:
- 10+ years of relevant work experience with business development in the video and/or SaaS space (ideally in both B2B & B2C)
- A proven leader & a self-starter who can independently lead both strategy & execution, gain internal consensus, & communicate effectively up & down
- Experience, expertise and/or a network in one or more the following areas: eCommerce, Website Builder/CMS, Martech, Online Marketplaces
- Demonstrated success launching & scaling partnership programs
- Excellent presentation skills
- Experience working cross-functionally, rallying Product, Engineering & Marketing teams behind partnership initiatives & integrations
- Ability to understand & articulate complex technical aspects of potential technology integrations
- Willingness & ability to travel 10-20% of the time (when travel is safe)
Vimeo is the worlds leading professional video platform & community. With over 175 million members across more than 150 countries, we help anyone grow their business by making it easy to create & market high-quality, impactful videos.
We work hard to enable creators of all kinds to succeed, & to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent & cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration & creativity. Were committed to building a company & a community where people thrive by being themselves & are inspired to do their best work every day!
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world, & is an operating business of IAC. Learn more at www.vimeo.com.