At LightStep, our mission is to deliver confidence at scale for those who develop, operate, & rely upon todays powerful software applications. We created LightStep because we understand the massive architectural transformation underway in the software industry, & we saw an opportunity to accelerate it, all while improving the quality of the developer & end-user experience. While we learned a great deal from our experiences building Dapper (Googles distributed tracing solution) & Monarch (Googles high-availability metrics solution), LightStep is in many ways a reaction to & a generational improvement beyond those approaches. Our story as individuals & as a company revolves around continuous learning, careful listening, & the belief that these fundamentally new software architectures require fundamentally new solutions.
At LightStep, each Sales Engineer plays an essential role in ensuring the success of our customers & the growth of our business. We believe that the path to success for a customer begins in the sales process, when they are still a prospect exploring LightStep as a potential fit for their needs, challenges, & aspirations. Thus, our sales process is extremely consultative & the Sales Engineer works alongside our Account Executives to serve as a trusted advisor for each prospect. The Sales Engineer listens to each prospect, empathizes with their technical & operational pain points, understands how those relate to the prospects strategic business goals, & ultimately scopes a solution & partnership that allows us to drive success for the prospect as a new LightStep customer.
Youd be a great fit if
- You enjoy constantly challenging & expanding your technical knowledge.
- You are intrigued by the marriage of technology & business & enjoy engaging on both fronts to craft the perfect balance between the two.
- You display trustworthiness & build credibility quickly via empathy, clear communication, & a deep understanding of people, technology, & business.
- You would enjoy interfacing with our prospects including Software Developers, DevOps teams, & Site Reliability Engineers while serving as their advocate & champion within LightStep.
- You are a self-starter who flourishes in a team environment & enjoys building new processes, tools, solutions, businesses alongside other talented entrepreneurs.
Bonus points if
- You have a background in Application Performance Management (APM) or system architecture analytics.
- You are familiar with any of the following: microservices, distributed tracing, proxies / service meshes (Envoy, HAProxy, Linkerd), cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure), containers (Kubernetes, Docker).
- You know or are proficient in any of the following languages: Go, Java, Python, Ruby, PHP, or NodeJS.
LightStep is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.