ABOUT THE ROLE
Were looking for experienced Senior Front End Developers to help us design, build, & grow beautifully crafted products to support our growing business. In this role you will build tools for others to use, contributing to Rituals overall efficiency & effectiveness. We are looking for someone with a passion for developing, who creates clean, reusable, & robust systems. This role entails more than just building pages - you will actively work to improve the infrastructure of our system. If you value simplicity, work comfortably in a collaborative, agile environment, & are excited to learn, wed like to talk to you.
In this role, you will:
- Plan projects alongside Product Managers
- Write & review code & fix bugs
- Respond to all issues under your domain
- Collaborate with other teams to streamline Engineering process
Technical leadership at Ritual requires impact & ownership. A Senior Software Engineer at Ritual is expected to be effective in the following areas:
- Contribute to architecture; You understand large areas of our system & are able to reuse or add new components to existing architecture.
- From product requirement to feature delivery; You work independently or lead a small team that can quickly turn product requirements into testable experiments & production ready code.
- Code quality & code review; You have passion for quality code & maintain a high standard of style; enforce/update existing patterns
- Team oriented; You build tools that makes the whole team more productive. Improve tools & processes when needed
- Knowledge transfer & mentorship; You share the knowledge you've gathered & help the rest of the team grow
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience delivering high quality software
- Experience with React/Redux building elegant, robust, & reusable UI components & frameworks
- Coding skills in Node.js Express & Java a bonus
- Passion for web technologies & improving infrastructure
- Interest in working on a rapidly changing, ever-evolving systems
Nice to haves:
- Experience working with DevOps & Microservices
- Google App Engine
- Artistic inclinations
- Experience building Content Management Systems
What we offer:
- Opportunity to work on an amazing consumer-facing product that our customers love.
- Competitive compensation package & equity in the business.
- Healthcare coverage & a generous vacation policy.
- We eat our own dogfood. You will get a daily credit in-app credit towards lunches & coffees.
- Your choice of the development environment to make you most productive.
- A pantry full of snacks.
- Fun company-sponsored events & off sites