Your role in our mission
Were on a mission to build intuitive, personal help & anticipatory technology into one of the most important spaces in our lives: our home. As a startup at the intersection of four multi-billion dollar industries - real estate, technology, service & commerce - Hello Alfred is a new kind of company: trusted to serve consumers past their front door.
Partnering with the largest real estate developers in the world, Hello Alfreds footprint has grown rapidly in the last three years & currently operates in more than 20 markets across the United States, offering an ever-expanding roster of services & experiences to provide help & enhance the lives of residents.We are looking for extremely inspired & talented people to join our team at a moment of extreme growth.
How youll help us to be successful
As the Lead Product Designer at Hello Alfred, youll take on tough interaction & service design challenges, & youll work on new ideas that will transform how people live in high density cities.
Alfred is currently working through a total rebrand & complete overhaul of our resident facing app & B2B building webapp called AlfredOS. This role would help lead this redesign & work closely with our design & engineering teams to see them come to reality.
As a startup that occupies the intersection of service, technology, real estate, & retail commerce, we are a new kind of company creating a new category of business. As such, were looking for experienced designers who are driven by learning, strong design fundamentals, strategic thinking, & who are excited by the challenge of developing solutions in a space that has yet to be designed for.
- Lead design projects across the entire product lifecycle & multiple product launches. Youll set the vision for the user experience & get the opportunity to learn from your work through iterating quickly & shipping often.
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts & prototypes; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, & when to make low-fi sketches & prototypes.
- Drive research initiatives in order to better understand the people who use our products.
- Be autonomous. Youll take full ownership of your work, & you take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way.
- Help grow a collaborative, optimistic, & supportive culture.
What superpowers youll use
- Visual design: You have exceptional command of visual composition, typographic hierarchy, & creating scalable UI solutions. From the overarching user flow to refining small details in UI you will ensure a cohesive experience across Hello Alfred. Youre a designer equally invested in crafting visual & user experience design.
- User experience: Through your design process you will strive to minimize the complexity of our systems into thoughtful user experiences. Youll have experience shipping products, observing how people used them, & iterating toward improvement until solutions are elegant in usability & efficient in achieving outcomes.
- Research: Using qualitative & quantitative data, youll identify important product insights. Youll identify opportunities to collect feedback to make informed choices; knowing when to develop full user studies, & when to quickly get usability confirmation internally & ship. We believe great design is created in the intersection of rational analysis & creative leaps.
Who you are
- Product thinking: You will have an understanding of what makes products successful & how your design work impacts the larger goals of the company. You turn user needs & business goals into clear & compelling services that keep people coming back over & over again.You will be involved in defining product strategy, conducting research that helps the team appropriately prioritize initiatives, & will develop a sense for Hello Alfred technology stack in order to create impactful solutions. Youll bring a strong track record of making sound strategic design decisions that balance the needs of the user, the business, & the brand.
- Team collaboration: You will develop an understanding about the work of other disciplines that make up the whole of Hello Alfred in order to help facilitate the most productive & empathetic environment for the work we do together. In order to leverage the knowledge of all members of the Hello Alfred team, youll be expected to run productive brainstorms & discussions that help contribute to our collective understanding of our customers & the business.
- Communication: We have a strong design critique culture where youll be expected to communicate complex ideas & solutions in a way that enables progress & exceptional design output. Youll share your work early & often, getting feedback from our collaborators, customers & partners, & are open to ideas while maintaining focus on your goal. On occasion youll direct & lead group conversations, presentations, & product reviews.
Youll click with us if you
- Practice empathy
- Conduct yourself with the highest integrity
- Are thoughtful, self-reflective & always open to growing
- Speak up with radical candor
- Approach your work like an owner
- Have a high & ever-climbing bar for excellence
- Always do things the right way, even when its harder
- Believe that #oneteam is greater than the sum of its parts
- Leave no loops unclosed