Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency & public blockchains for payments, commerce & financial applications worldwide. Circle's platform has supported over 100 million transactions worth tens of billions of dollars, with nearly 10 million retail customers, over a thousand businesses, while storing & securing more than $5 billion in digital currency assets. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which together with Coinbase & the Centre Consortium oversees the standards & protocol for what has become the fastest growing, regulated, fully-reserved stablecoin. USDC now stands at well over $10 billion market cap & is adding nearly $300 million net new digital dollars in circulation every week. Today, Circle's transactional services, business accounts, & platform APIs are giving rise to a new generation of financial services & commerce applications that hold the promise of raising global economic prosperity for all through programmable internet commerce.
What youll be part of:
With the mission To raise global economic prosperity through programmable internet commerce, Circle was founded on the belief that blockchains & digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient & integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people & businesses everywhere can more freely connect & transact with each other with new technologies for digital money. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people & companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse & which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees & families, our local communities & our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, & High Integrity.
What youll be responsible for:
As a Senior Risk Analyst, youll join a data-driven risk team focused on helping Circle scale its products while providing the best possible customer experience & mitigating the associated risks. You will closely monitor behaviours & analyse trends to draw insight around product improvements. You will make use of your analysis to suggest business logic that reduces the sources of financial & reputational risk for the business. We're looking for ambitious, highly motivated individuals who are seeking a collaborative, iterative, & fast-paced environment.
What you'll work on:
- Develop risk management policies & procedures as well as thorough Risk Frameworks for optimal decision making.
- Monitor fraud risks on an ongoing basis (on-boarding & post on-boarding) & identify ways to enhance our controls to minimise fraud risk & financial losses.
- Analyse fraud profiles & the type of fraud we are experiencing.
- Manage the dispute resolution process for all transactions involving our global merchant base. Proactively support Circles merchants by coordinating the collection of evidence & documents relevant to particular dispute cases.
- Provide high quality support to our Customers on all risk related issues they encounter i.e risk / fraud guidance, troubleshooting, risk feature / control requests, etc
- Work on business account risk applications for our Payments API to safely onboard them to the Circle platform using a risk based approach.
- Work with risk tools, processes & procedures to increase efficiency of manual tasks, accuracy of decision making & quality of output to ensure long term scalability of all risk operations.
- Design Risk goals & KPIs to ensure constant performance improvements.
- Contribute to the creation & maintenance of all risk related documentation.
- Support all other Risk Team workload & business needs as required.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication & commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees & families & local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener & to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission & our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity & you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open & honest communication, & you hold yourself to very high moral & ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty & intolerance.
What you'll bring to Circle:
- 3+ years experience working in payments risk / chargeback roles.
- 3+ years experience working on chargeback disputes in the financial services industry.
- Extensive knowledge of card flows, payments, 3ds implications, fraud, chargeback & scheme rules & are able to provide detailed requirements to internal & external customers.
- Experience with transactional & fraud monitoring.
- Experience assessing the risk of businesses a plus.
- Ability to take initiative & find creative & scalable ways to solve problems. Always looking for ways to improve & make our processes more efficient.
- Bachelors degree holder or equivalent.
- Interest & knowledge of risk, data & statistics.
- Ability to work effectively in fluid environments using time-management & prioritization skills.
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Slack & Macbook preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.