As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations & influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, & print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives & entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential & respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street, & Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, & Vox Media Studios produces & distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform & Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators & marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies in Media, an Company of the Year, Digidays Best Company for Parents, & one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
Vox is seeking a full-time Social Media Manager, Video to manage video publishing, distribution, & channel growth. Youll work with our talented team of producers, directors, & social media managers to grow our video audiences on YouTube, social media, syndication & OTT endpoints.
Youll be responsible for identifying & implementing best practices, & for making sure day to day video publishing is seamless. Youll provide strategic counsel on video formats, metadata & thumbnails, potential collaborators, & other means to quickly grow our audience across platforms.
The ideal candidate should have video and/or social media experience & a deep love for Voxs explanatory journalism. They are a highly creative & analytical thinker & are able to quickly change & evolve with the digital landscape while staying extremely organized.
What you'll do:
- Publish/optimize videos to YouTube, social, syndication & OTT endpoints
- Edit & optimize videos & thumbnail art as needed across platforms
- Manage video evergreen programming strategy
- Experiment with new video features on social platforms to drive growth
- Support distribution for new video endpoints
- Manage OTT programming & refresh strategy
- Optimize back catalog in Chorus Video & Zype for OTT app launches
- Create best practices & maintain organization in Chorus Video
- Write copy for social platforms & YouTube captions that support contributions & growth priorities
What you'll bring:
- 2+ years experience in video publishing, production, or social media.
- Incredible attention to detail & intolerance for errors.
- Extensive knowledge of YouTube & other mainstream video channels including Facebook, Instagram & Twitter.
- Basic video editing & photoshop skills.
- A passion for Vox video journalism.
- Your resume
- Cover letter that include 3 links to examples of work youre proudest of, & descriptions of your role in those projects.
This role is a part of the Vox Media Union, represented by the Writers Guild of America, East
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefitsincluding flexible hours & generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees & to ensure that our healthcare & other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging & funand who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.