ROCKETS OF AWESOME makes the coolest kids clothes. We are reinventing the way parents shop for kids by creating magical shopping experiences both digitally & IRL. We are a New York City-based, venture-backed startup with a passion for customer experience, design, data & technology. Join us in what will be the most immersive retail experience for Back-to-School in the heart of NYC. We value fun, simplicity, & teamwork.
Responsibilities & Duties
We are looking for a part-time (15-25hrs. per week), sales professional with excellent people skills & who are obsessed with fun, over the top, kids clothes! Someone who has an excellent work ethic & is able to handle the day-to-day responsibilities of running a retail store, while maintaining a fun, positive attitude. The ideal candidate would have previous retail experience working in the fashion or childrens industry & be adept at building strong & lasting customer relationships. (not mandatory, but preferred).
What we are looking for:
- Previous experience in retail, personal shopping, styling, child care, child development, performing or acting!
- A passion for assembling full outfits & back-to-school wardrobes
- Have a strong sense of customer service & a desire to create an exceptional experience
- Excitement to engage with children & families
- A super friendly people person, obsessed with serving our customer
- Energetic & enthusiastic
- Dependable, punctual & responsible
- Ability to multi-task in a busy retail environment, i.e., folding clothes & organizing while simultaneously dealing with busy traffic
- Desire to be part of a strong, tight-knit community, that is revolutionizing childrens wear!
- You are a team player, up for anything, & excited about creating a truly memorable shopping experience for our customers
- Part-Time, 2-3 days per week
- Weekday & weekend flexibility
- Sales & customer service
- Depending on the day & shift, you will support store activities including but not limited to:
- Selling on the sales floor while maintaining experiential activities
- Managing the cash wrap & POS experience
- Operating the design your own bomber jacket station
- Managing the dressing room areas
- Overseeing the ball pit or velcro wall while simultaneously selling product
- Assisting in floor merchandising & stock replenishment activities including maintaining an organized & stocked floor during open hours.
- Ability to lift / carry a minimum of 15 lbs at any given time
- Creating an exceptional customer experience for everyone that enters our store
- Additional support as needed. You are excited to dive in, build quickly & get it done!