Peloton System Engineering team is looking for a skilled & highly motivated Senior Embedded Engineer interested to be part of a global team working on the next generation Peloton platform based on Android. The ideal candidate would be a software generalist with a keen interest in investigating system level issues & working with multiple software domains to engineer elegant solutions. Previous experience in working on projects at a system level is a plus. The ideal candidate would be able to work across core components of the Android software stack to develop new software modules as well as debug & integrate existing solutions.
- A software engineer in this position will focus their time working with the Android BSP, Board Support Package. As a Senior Embedded Engineer, they will be expected to function as a lead on some projects & mentor less experienced engineers & interns.
- The person most successful in this position will have a strong understanding of operating systems such as Android & LINUX; BSP development; Android build system & Linux kernel driver development. They should also have experience in embedded C/C++, be comfortable with modern debugging tools & a passion for developing new products.
- Experience working the complete product SW development life cycle is highly desired.
- The person will have a working knowledge of Android-based systems, a very good understanding of ARM architecture & operating system concepts. Prior experience of working with video, audio, graphics or experience with Android HALs is an added advantage.
- Analyze customer & internal requirements & specifications & translate these into software designs.
- Analyze existing embedded software to add features, make modifications, fix bugs, and/or port to different platforms.
- Tests software designs & code at the unit & system level to ensure that all requirements are met & the highest software quality is achieved.
- Participates in internal & customer-driven design reviews throughout the program.
- Coordinates software development activities with the software team leader.
- Identifies product requirements or performance issues. Works with the software team leader to negotiate a resolution.
- Manages small projects & technical resources, including planning, estimating & follow through.
- Works with the customer to further define requirements & to resolve issues.
- May direct the work of 1-2 other engineers.
- Our team spans multiple time zones & flexibility to accommodate is highly desirable.
- Experience with DSPs, Android application development, FreeRTOS, wireless technologies & edge machine learning is a plus.
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5+ years of embedded software development.
- 5+ years of C/C++.
- Experience developing & debugging software in a real-time, embedded, multiprocessor, multi-interface environment.
- Experience working on the core Android stack, especially with the framework, HAL, & or Linux kernel.
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, & the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, & convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, & media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, & world-class streaming digital fitness & wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, & Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast & Android TV. Founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada & Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.